Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a pretty much national search to buy a Boxster S. I'd greatly prefer a CPO car. If I was to buy one -- sight unseen, perhaps -- from a dealership from somewhere other than LA, the certified warranty would be covered at my local dealership, right? In other words, it's Porsche that certifies it, not the specific dealer?

I just want to make sure that if something that should be covered by the warranty goes wrong, I can take it in to a local Porsche dealer. If that is somehow NOT the case, than my search just got a LOT more difficult (or probably impossible, actually).

Also, while we're on the subject, is there anything people have noticed that the CPO warranty does NOT cover that I should be made aware of?

Thanks...I've been looking for about 6 months now, and I already had one car slip through my fingers, so I'm ready to pounce on the next one I see that works!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just bought a CPO Cayman S so I can confirm its a national warranty, not just limited to a specific dealer. My requirement for buying out of state was it had to be a CPO car. I actually got a better than new warranty really as it still had 4 years and 9 months left when i purchased my car. Stuff that isnt covered are the regular wear items like tires, etc. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ZCP

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just bought a CPO Cayman S so I can confirm its a national warranty, not just limited to a specific dealer. My requirement for buying out of state was it had to be a CPO car. I actually got a better than new warranty really as it still had 4 years and 9 months left when i purchased my car. Stuff that isnt covered are the regular wear items like tires, etc. Hope this helps.
Mae bought almost the EXACT same car. I expanded my search nationally as well but don't remember seeing yours.

Anyway, yes, like others have said the Porsche Certified is an extension of the original bumper to bumper warranty for everything but wear items, and can be brought to any dealer in North America.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a look through the not covered portion of CPO and this caught my eye:

• Components and/or parts that failed during racing or driving events (including Porsche sponsored events) will not be covered by the CPO limited warranty.

I understand that CPO does have a deductible for covered repairs ...

·
Registered
866 Posts

• Components and/or parts that failed during racing or driving events (including Porsche sponsored events) will not be covered by the CPO limited warranty.

Thanks for the heads up on that part!

·
Registered
170 Posts

Can we infer (or confirm?) that this means parts that fail during racing or driving events while still under the new car warranty will be covered?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the great info guys! It's more likely than not that I'll buy an out-of-state car, and there's a nontrivial chance it'll actually be sight-unseen, so it's good to know I can take it to the local dealership if something goes wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts