Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New to the forum and new to Porsches. I've loved Porsches since I was a kid, and the Mrs and I just picked up a '07 Cayman a few days ago. It still feels like it's a dream. Anyway, I've been lookin' at cat-back systems, and I was wonderin' about the Remus setup. It says on remusexhaustshop.com "NOT TUV/EC Approved, which means it is not street legal." Is that for Europe or the US?

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
On the FVD exhaust system TUV is the European approved street legal or quieter version. Their Sound version is louder although FVD can make their exhaust at any loudness you wish.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
502 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance, but what's FDV?

This system would be street legal in the US?
Porsche Cayman S | 3.4L | 2 tips round 3.54" RACING Remus Sports Label System 06 Remus Exhaust Shop
Modifying the exhaust will not be street legal but as long as you can pass smog (if you live in a state that test) you will be fine. Pretty much all aftermarket exhaust will say for off road use only...this is just a case of CYA.

If a cop really had it out for you or you didn't pass smog you would just get a fix it ticket and could put on your stock...but I haven't heard of anyone getting a ticket for an aftermarket system.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I figured since the they only eliminated the secondary cats, they'd still be street legal in the US. I wanted to check with people who were more knowledgeable first, though. We don't have inspections or anything in South Carolina, so I'd be alright here. I doubt I'll always live in SC, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts