Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Good to see someplace where we can all share our new addiction!

I need help with deciding what some of the Porsche colors look like in real life under the sun. I've pretty much decided on my options list, but I'm torn between arctic silver, seal grey (never seen in real life) and possibly something outrageous like yellow.

Any suggestions with local dealers in the area that have a large inventory of P-cars on display? So far I've only been to Ray Catena in Edison and they had a decent collection, but as always, I need to see more!

Thanks,

-Pete

·
Registered
215 Posts
Check the thread on color choices to see my comments on color. That said, I am a little surprised your choices are artic silver, seal grey and SPEED YELLOW. Two are ultra conservative and and make a subtle statement and speed yellow is exactly the opposite. My guess is you are somewhat like me and are attracted to the SY when you see it, but have a conservative streak that makes me believe you are better off with the unassuming silver or seal. I had a red 911 which I thought was pretty flashy when I got it, but after a few months it was way too much red. I think SY will have the same effect. Fun for a while, but after the fun wears off you have a yellow $70,000 car. Silver or seal is tolerable for a longer time. I have a basalt black Cayenne that is 2 years old and still fun to look at. I would say give some serious thought to SY before ordering, especially if this is your first Porsche. I ordered Seal on my Cayman with black interior for the reasons set forth. Good luck. I ordered my at Braman in W. Palm Beach, FL and do not know of any dealers in New York.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've been looking at P-cars on eBay the last couple days to see different exterior/interior color combo's look like. Will need to decide by Sept. 3rd and currently leaning toward Carrera White as a compromise between the conservative silvers and extroverted SY.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sspender, you're exactly right aboutmy split personality! You're right, SY may attract a bit more attention than I need especially in a crowded urban area.

Humm, some more thinking to do...

-Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts