Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. My car's CPO expires next October and I am considering selling to go with either a 16 CS or possibly a 15 Carrera (I know they are not the same price range). My first question is about the value of my car. I got the recent low ball offers from a few dealers in my area so a trade-in is not going to work. I know when I was looking for a car getting one with a CPO was very important to me so I'm hoping that a CPO vs a non-CPO car will also make a difference. Sites like KBB.com don't allow you to specify a CPO as part of the selling price. Of course I got the benefit of several years of coverage whereas if I sell my car early next spring then there would only be about 6 months left. Is it safe to assume that 6 months of coverage would be worth an extra $1k or more?

I have all service records for my car which I also think is important. It amazes me that Porsche does not keep a online database of their dealerships work. My 96 ls400 has all of its records still online. How many people think having all service records, etc. helps when buying a car?

Finally, I know a lot of people recommend getting a pre-purchase inspection before buying used. Would it make sense for me to go ahead and get one done that I could share with prospective buyers or would people still want to do their own?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Ok several points
1) No don't do the PPI for the future buyer. He is going to want his own independent inspection not yours. It a little like it's a great car, you don't have to check it out.
2) CPO's are usually $2500 for an extra 2 years coverage. So a $1000 is too much. $500-600 probably.

Reactions: ajahearn
1 - 2 of 2 Posts