Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I've been a long time Swissvax user on other cars, and so far, I have been very impressed with the quality of these products. However, I just ordered my 1s Porsche (a Carrara White Cayman S) and have a few questions that perhaps somebody can help me with:

1. Which is a better wax for this color and paint: Zuffenhausen or Glacier?
2. I've seen some very nice examples on this forum from detailersdomain where they use a particular Swissvax wax, but they use neither the Car Bath product nor the Cleaner Fluid. Why is that? Are the Car Bath and Cleaner Fluid not as good a product as the different Swissvax waxes?
3. Do I need an orbital cleaner to use Swissvax products? I've always used my hands, as per their handbook ...

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
494 Posts
There are so many wax options out there, and realistically they all do a great job. On my cayman I've used several (though not glacier). I've had the best results with Zymol Glasur on my Meteor Gray. P21s looks pretty much the same, but the glasur seemed to last longer. I use swissvax for pretty much every other product. For more detailed answers from pros, you might want to check out a dedicated forum like autopia, however I think you're unlikely to see much of a difference between any two good waxes.

·
Registered
494 Posts
btw, autopia is a web forum as well. I know it linked the company that sells detailing supplies, but the web forum is at autopia.org

(Autopia the supplier is also really good, but not a forum).

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
sorry a bit late to the thread.

swissvax is great

we use a variety of their products as well as we sell the whole line up.

what sv product are you currently using.

as far as Cleaner Fluid, most of the cars we do demand a lot more work hence we use a rotary polisher to restore the car's finish with various compounds and polishes, much more aggressive than SV Cleaner Fluid.

I hope that helps.

What other questions do you have?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Philip for your reply.

I do have a couple more questions about Swissvax:

1. I will be getting a brand new Cayman in carrara white. Should I go for Zuffenhausen or Glacier?
2. Other forum members have suggested that I clay the car before applying cleaner fluid -- at least for the very first application (dealer will NOT do any prep work on the car, although it's been shipped in a container). Does Swissvax make any claying products?
3. Should I treat the new leather seats with Swissvax leather milk / leather glaze?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thanks Philip for your reply.

I do have a couple more questions about Swissvax:

1. I will be getting a brand new Cayman in carrara white. Should I go for Zuffenhausen or Glacier?
2. Other forum members have suggested that I clay the car before applying cleaner fluid -- at least for the very first application (dealer will NOT do any prep work on the car, although it's been shipped in a container). Does Swissvax make any claying products?
3. Should I treat the new leather seats with Swissvax leather milk / leather glaze?

Thanks!!
Sure thing.

Do you have other cars that you will be doing
?

yes you should clay first.... Swissvax Paint Rubber

3. Should I treat the new leather seats with Swissvax
leather milk / leather glaze?

I would say you can use those products but I do prefer Leather Master Soft Cleaner and Leather Master Vital (conditioner)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts