Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have been spending days in the net without getting answers in fees questions. Also tried the official dealer.

I wanna have Bose instead of ASK.

Nobody has done this before: I swapped the tweeters in dash. The plug is only sligthly different so it does fit.

The center speaker instead does have so much different plug in Bose speaker so that does not fit.

I did remove the Door panel also to find out there are different plugs as well.

So. I phoned to the dealer to ask if swapping from the ask to Bose is possible at all and suprised: Yes it is. All you have to do is change the speaker plugs.

You can guess my next question! Which plugs are to fit? The dealer is not sure: normally Porsche Uses Same as Audi. Burt not sure excactly...

Well. Porsche does not help to modify their cars because they say they should be as they are.

I am stubborn as I will continue the impossible mission.

So my question to all you audiofans is, does anyone know which plugs are in the Ask-system and which one in the Bose?

Any code, number, picture etc. might get to the right direction.

Thank you

P.S. I am only swapping the speakers as I just want to upgrade them from ask. Bose is better than Ask.

I will not want to make any changes to my Boxster that are not original.

So Bose is my only option I am willing to do no matter if it is good or bad. The tweeters sound really nice to me and I believe so will sound the rest of the speakers when correct plugs found.

Thank you!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't have much in the way of answers, but are you sure that the ASK amp can safely drive the Bose speakers? They tend to be lower impedance than typical speakers, but I'm not sure if that applies to the tweeters and center channel.

If you want a Bose amp, let me know. Mine's coming out of the car in a few weeks...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know jeffbrig. Although I am not sure if Bose amp is gonna work in my car, because of different harnesses. If I understand correct, Bose has MOST fiber optic harness and I have the analog, please correct if I am wrong.

The tweeters are the same impedance and I am assuming the other speakers are too. But that said being very unsure. That is one thing to sort out before putting new woofers in which I already bought.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Although I am not sure if Bose amp is gonna work in my car, because of different harnesses. If I understand correct, Bose has MOST fiber optic harness and I have the analog, please correct if I am wrong.
Very true...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.