Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with the Bilstain B16 Damptronics coilovers? Specifically, I'm wondering whether anyone has measured how much the car's lowered when you set the coilovers at the highest height setting? If so, possible to share a picture or how much that is lowered versus PASM height?

I've been seeing different stories about this. Not sure whether the numbers on Bilstein website is even accurate at all. Some places say the car will drop at least 30mm, some say 15mm etc (while some say even more). So I'm trying to look for a user feedback on this, but have yet to find Cayman specific ones. Google search outside of the forum only had some one BMW (which suggested the B16s are way too low even at highest settings), while posts on some 911s seemed to suggest the drop is much more reasonable.

Thanks

P.S. do the springs sag after some usage? Thanks

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with the Bilstain B16 Damptronics coilovers? Specifically, I'm wondering whether anyone has measured how much the car's lowered when you set the coilovers at the highest height setting? If so, possible to share a picture or how much that is lowered versus PASM height?

I've been seeing different stories about this. Not sure whether the numbers on Bilstein website is even accurate at all. Some places say the car will drop at least 30mm, some say 15mm etc (while some say even more). So I'm trying to look for a user feedback on this, but have yet to find Cayman specific ones. Google search outside of the forum only had some one BMW (which suggested the B16s are way too low even at highest settings), while posts on some 911s seemed to suggest the drop is much more reasonable.

Thanks

P.S. do the springs sag after some usage? Thanks
If you visit our articles section here and you read my Bilstein damptronic installation article you will see measurements of the ride height before and after at the settings that we chose for my car, as I recall they were about 1/2 way through the possible settings, so I could go higher or lower from where I am at, but the ride height has worked well for years so I'm inclined to leave it alone.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts

Lemon, look at his vehicles listing, he has a 987 Cayman S sport, in which case your article on installing on a 981 only partially applies, he would be better served by reading the install article we have here of the suspension being installed on a 987.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you visit our articles section here and you read my Bilstein damptronic installation article you will see measurements of the ride height before and after at the settings that we chose for my car, as I recall they were about 1/2 way through the possible settings, so I could go higher or lower from where I am at, but the ride height has worked well for years so I'm inclined to leave it alone.
hi K-Man S,

ya. Saw your article actually. Very detailed in fact. Just that I wasn't sure how far you made the height adjustments.

That article was actually what got me thinking about the B16s!

anyway, thanks for the info

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Lemon, look at his vehicles listing, he has a 987 Cayman S sport, in which case your article on installing on a 981 only partially applies, he would be better served by reading the install article we have here of the suspension being installed on a 987.
Yup , I got those also..

lemon

·
Registered
432 Posts
how can we access these articles? they were the primary value of this site and they seemed to have all disappeared. just put the B16's on my 987S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts