Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
My German is a bit rough, but my interpretation of the article is that it was driven without speed limits in place. Regardless, Spyder has less contact patch, less sticky tires and far less aero grip, so it being a bit off pace of the GT4 makes sense. That fact that it gets as close as it does (~0.5% slower) is actually impressive as hell. Granted, the article seems to indicate that the GT4 was much easier to get the 7:40 out of, whereas the 7:42 in the Spyder required being very brave.

7:40 BTG times have been reproduced by non-Porsche factory drivers in stock configuration. Here's one of many (this guy is good).

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank for the reply guys. Yeah I came across that and just got curious. I am guilty of benchmark racing haha I guess but I just genuinely curious!

And thanks for the video Goofnik I saw that a few days ago and it's really quite a fantastic bit of driving!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.