Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help here if you have any advice.

I have a 2006 Cayman S lowered with H&R springs.

I found a great set of wheels, but they're 5x114. 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.

I found plenty of wheel adapter/spacers out there ranging from 20mm to 30mm.

Does anyone have any advice on whether or not the wheel adapters will be ok or the spacing on my car. I was thinking of 245 up front and 275 in the rear.

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Personally I wouldn't wanna go over 10mm when it comes to spacer due to concerns about safety. Purely personal thing. Some have 15mm or wider spacers on their cars that see track duties and claim zero safety issues.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea unfortunately it seems like the slimmest they come is 20mm. Does anyone run a similar setup?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Since it is an adapter, it probably needs to be min. 20mm in order to clear the stock studs.

Have you considered looking at other rims? I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to buy a set of rims in a different hole orientation.

There must be tons of rims out there that can meet your budget and preference.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hey guys I need some help here if you have any advice.

I have a 2006 Cayman S lowered with H&R springs.

I found a great set of wheels, but they're 5x114. 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.

I found plenty of wheel adapter/spacers out there ranging from 20mm to 30mm.

Does anyone have any advice on whether or not the wheel adapters will be ok or the spacing on my car. I was thinking of 245 up front and 275 in the rear.

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
I would agree with potsnu about the use of adapters, but before you can decide about fit you need to know the wheel offset of the wheels you are considering. It's not so much about the thickness of the spacer/adapter but how far from stock you are moving the wheel centerline. There is an offset calculator that will tell you all you need to know. It's on the web to be googled.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. Seems like it's probably not a great idea and would push the rears out too far for my taste.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One last question for you guys. What do you think about having the wheels redrilled with the 5x130 bolt pattern? Seems like it costs about $250 or so and I'd be saving a lot more than that on several sets of wheels that I've found locally. Any opinions?

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
from a safety standpoint ... I would redrill anything. The last thing I want to worry about when my car is going @ 80mph on the highway is whether the wheels will break the moment a pothole in front comes up and i have no way of dodging

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
One last question for you guys. What do you think about having the wheels redrilled with the 5x130 bolt pattern? Seems like it costs about $250 or so and I'd be saving a lot more than that on several sets of wheels that I've found locally. Any opinions?

Thanks again for all the help.
It would depend on the design of the wheel whether this would be feasible, but I want to say, no, no, no, no, and NO!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha alright I guess I'll be looking for some 5x130 wheels! Thanks for all the help. Oh and they were Avant Garde 19s with tires for about $1000. Not the greatest deal ever, but a good one and it's what I was looking for. I'm just waiting to find a similar deal on the forums, hopefully soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts