Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to travel to Germany next year for the sake of attending Porsche Driving School course. And due to the fact that I want to make as much use as possible I am considering taking more than one course. The best schedule I found is:
* Precision Training on 17 & 18 July 2010 @ Porsche Leipzig
* g-Force Training 24 & 25 July 2010 @ Porsche Leipzig
* Performance Training 7 & 8 August 2010 @ Porsche Leipzig

This way I'll attend three courses in three consecutive weeks but my question is:

=> Would I be making use of the courses this way? Or do I need to have enough time after each course to practice alone before moving to the next level in order to make better use of the courses?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I wish I had an aswer for your questions. But man you are deep into this...:) Really happy for you. Keep me us posted, please.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've attended both the Precision and the Performance courses at Leipzig. I did not do any additional training between the two courses. I actually wish I could have done them "back-to-back" as you are planning as I would have remembered more of the Leipzig track. I've not attended the g-Force training yet, but given that you will have just completed two days on the Leipzig track, the training should in fact be more beneficial. Porsche does a GREAT job at Leipzig. The facilities are great and the staff/instructors are OUTSTANDING. I'm planning on repeating the Performance course this year along with g-Force and hopefully join them at Spa and at the "Ring." So, bottom line: Do it!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
I've attended both the Precision and the Performance courses at Leipzig. I did not do any additional training between the two courses. I actually wish I could have done them "back-to-back" as you are planning as I would have remembered more of the Leipzig track. I've not attended the g-Force training yet, but given that you will have just completed two days on the Leipzig track, the training should in fact be more beneficial. Porsche does a GREAT job at Leipzig. The facilities are great and the staff/instructors are OUTSTANDING. I'm planning on repeating the Performance course this year along with g-Force and hopefully join them at Spa and at the "Ring." So, bottom line: Do it!!!!!!
Jeez, can I come too? I love this stuff. Where do you find out about them?

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May I ask if somebody knows why is it a prerequisite for Porsche Driving School in Germany to undergo the Precision Course before the Performance Course while at Porsche Sport Driving School in Alabama it is not.

I am weighing my options to consider the one in Alabama instead.

And something else, would the certificate obtained from the Alabama School be recognized by the one in Germany in case I decided to go further with the courses in Germany?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Just a guess but it may have something to do with the mindset to getting a driver's license in Germany versus getting one in the US. The Germans take it a lot more seriously. Here in Ohio if you are 15 1/2 and breathing you can get a permit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts