Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first Porsche and I have been looking for an answer to my questions without being successful so I hope one of you might shed me some light on them. I just replaced my rear rotors and pads a couple of days ago (sebro with red EBC pads), I didnt replaced the shims or lil' discs that attach to the caliper pistons. I bleeded them and have been driving them for a couple of days, I even drove to Daytona for the Rolex 24 and thought that they would have been bedded in by now but I really dont now what I did wrong, the brakes keep squealing loudly. I took them off and put them back together but the squealing is still there. I used some red paste on the shims but still they squeal. I cleaned the new rotors with brake cleaner, they still squeal. I inspected the pads and rotors but cant find the problem causing the squeal sound.

I'm using EBC pads (red) which I have used before on my BMW 335 and on my G 35 coupe and never had no issues with them.
These pads have shims (metal plates) attached to their backs to which I put a bit some of the red paste. Was I not supossed to use the paste on them? Any suggestion? Its been a couple of hundred miles since I installed them (like 200) and I'm pretty sure they should have already settled in. Was I not supposed to re- use the circle shims?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
First off, is the car braking as well as expected? If so I wouldn't worry about it, but if the squealing is just unacceptable you might want to remove the shims and install the Porsche shims. As I understand brake squeal it's caused by the pads vibrating. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Use the porsche shims with the centering weight on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts