Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. When you use the nav to get somewhere, does it give you the option of avoiding expressways or tolls or both?

I imagine this is a fairly standard feature for nav systems (well... the only two I've ever looked at have them) but figure it's worth asking before I pick up my car.

If I want to get home and want to take the road less travelled, will the nav be useless, just trying to take me back to the highway all the time? Or can I tell it not to, and enjoy the lengthier drive?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just a quick question. When you use the nav to get somewhere, does it give you the option of avoiding expressways or tolls or both?

I imagine this is a fairly standard feature for nav systems (well... the only two I've ever looked at have them) but figure it's worth asking before I pick up my car.

If I want to get home and want to take the road less travelled, will the nav be useless, just trying to take me back to the highway all the time? Or can I tell it not to, and enjoy the lengthier drive?

Hello Wild Weasel,

Congratulations on your new acquisition!

Yes, you can select options on the nav to avoid things including tolls and freeways. I hope you are not avoiding tolls because you left all of your money at the Porsche dealer. :hilarious:

I have attached a picture of the Avoid options that are available. nav options.jpg Unfortunately there isn't one for speeding tickets or police.

You can also set up the nav to show you three proposed route alternatives that you can select from. route alternatives.jpg

Enjoy the car.

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
Have you read your manual yet or got the Good to know app? You do know all this stuff is in there so you really do not need to start a thread on something you can easily look up yourself? Curious. yes, p. 158. It took 5 sec to look up.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rockysquirrel!!

Incidentally... I avoid tolls here purely on principle. We have a major toll highway here in Toronto and the cost is astronomical relative to what it reasonably should be. I absolutely refuse to use it.

When driving in the US through PA, there's a toll highway that you can drive on for an hour and then pay like a dollar or two. I have no issue with that whatsoever and if things were similar here, I'd be more than happy to pay it. As it is... not a chance. :)

chows4us: I've read the online manual cover to cover, but that didn't stick. I figured posting a quick yes/no question wouldn't be a big deal, and now it's here if anyone else comes searching. No harm, no foul. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
chows4us: I've read the online manual cover to cover, but that didn't stick. I figured posting a quick yes/no question wouldn't be a big deal, and now it's here if anyone else comes searching. No harm, no foul. :)
Teach a person to fish ... et. etc. etc. It took 5 secs to look it up. There really is no need to clutter up things with things that are easily found.

thank you

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Chows the fact that you told him where to find it might well make this topic thread worthwhile to others in the future who don't know about those resources. Ok course the next person who asks can be flogged for not reading this topic right? :)

Sent from my Samsung Note Edge using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts