Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I didn't search for the right terms, but I didn't see an answer for this. I know the exhausts changed, but did the headers design change as well? I've heard both yes and no...

Looking to up give my CS a bit more of a growl :banana:

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Yes they are different and mounting pattern is different from gen 1 to 2.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Maybe I didn't search for the right terms, but I didn't see an answer for this.
I know the exhausts changed, but did the headers design change as well? I've heard both yes and no...

Looking to up give my CS a bit more of a growl :banana:
I would not recommend any headers though.
The non use of the headers is only for the DFI cars.
The new engines are very touchy when the factory ones are changed or replaced.
I do not recommend them for a DFI cars.
I should say though that this is more so for the 997 ones.
Not sure what to make of this.
I would check this out before getting headers though.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what to make of this.
I would check this out before getting headers though.
I did read those before. I have the Softronic flash so I know CEL's won't be an issue if I go full catless, but I guess I'll inquire again about the actual recommendation.

·
3,755 Posts
Doing headers next week! The Full Capristo system. :)

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
If it's anything like the Gen I Capristo system you'll love it. Beautifully made with noticable improvement in power. Doesn't sound bad either.

·
3,755 Posts
Im excited! :)

Doing Dyno before and after (Tues/Wed). Then I will being doing EVO filter and desnork and Softronic flash a few days after that, then another dyno! Its the 06 mods all over again, only this time much faster and no real discovery path to go down other than this time its the DFI engine.

Then its Plenum and pulley mods after that.

In the end Im hoping the 2010 will be even faster than my last CS 06 which was pretty fast. :burnout:

Jack will be posting an install article soon. I'll be posting the Dynos. :)

Then a week later its off to the track. I'll be sure to show those 911 guys that they are old school and Caymans are the new force. :hilarious:

·
Registered
394 Posts
4by4, I am very interested in this! I have a Boxster Spyder coming and I have not gone for the PSE as it doesn't add any power. How much is the Capristo and did you source it locally or imported it yourself? How much lighter is the full Capristo system compared to stock? Thanks!

·
3,755 Posts
4by4, I am very interested in this! I have a Boxster Spyder coming and I have not gone for the PSE as it doesn't add any power. How much is the Capristo and did you source it locally or imported it yourself? How much lighter is the full Capristo system compared to stock? Thanks!
Got it sent from the USA. No dont waste time with the PSE, its hardly any louder than stock (its not allowed to be anyway).
Contact Nick [email protected] and he will give you your requested info.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Im excited! :)

Doing Dyno before and after (Tues/Wed). Then I will being doing EVO filter and desnork and Softronic flash a few days after that, then another dyno! Its the 06 mods all over again, only this time much faster and no real discovery path to go down other than this time its the DFI engine.

Then its Plenum and pulley mods after that.

In the end Im hoping the 2010 will be even faster than my last CS 06 which was pretty fast. :burnout:

Jack will be posting an install article soon. I'll be posting the Dynos. :)

Then a week later its off to the track. I'll be sure to show those 911 guys that they are old school and Caymans are the new force. :hilarious:
Article has been sent to Ken
With over 2000 miles and 6 weeks of spirited driving, no CEL noted.
Capristo sounds (#1,#2 0r #3) are outstanding !!

Jack

·
Registered
394 Posts
No, Im in the West. There are Caymans' in Adelaide? ;)
Haha there may be one or two. There are lots more in Melb though! Bring your car here to do a Dutton (Australian Tarmac Challenge now)!

Back to Capristo, did you order the full system or just the muffler? The claim is 20hp for the muffler and another 7hp from the headers. I am assuming they all come with 200 cell cat?

·
3,755 Posts
Haha there may be one or two. There are lots more in Melb though! Bring your car here to do a Dutton (Australian Tarmac Challenge now)!

Back to Capristo, did you order the full system or just the muffler? The claim is 20hp for the muffler and another 7hp from the headers. I am assuming they all come with 200 cell cat?
Ive got the whole system. Not sure on the cell number.
Heading to the Dyno in a few hours time. :)

BTW, you can reply to several people if you use the "multiple" function. Press it for the first reply and then "quote" for the last one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts