Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can anyone complain about this car! It is spot on perfect...I know, honeymoon period - but I can tell...this thing is very special. I cannot imagine how this thing will sing once I get past the break-in period.

+ most surprising = it is amazingly easy to drive, really no more difficult than a GTI
+ clutch and shifter are spot on perfect - weighting, snickityness, precision, shortness of throws
+ base 2 way seats are very comfy and hug you very well - zero complaint or desire for upgraded
+ Ability to go between normal mode (slightly softer, less burbles from exhaust) and Sport+ mode (firmer, rev matching, burbles) is really awesome. Thought it might be a bit goofy - but it is excellent
+ Firmness of ride is perfect, not hardcore or punishing - but certainly firm enough to make you feel like you are in a sports car. No real issue with scraping, have to be aware though.
+ Visibility and driving position is spot on. A surprise for me was the defined muscular crease in the rear and front fender, it did not stick out to me previously...not objectionable, just a surprise.
+ The base electronics are better than I expected. Was a bit scared as it felt like you 'had' to get option after option after option to get a really well spec'd car' - that is not the case at all. Base audio quality is excellent.
+ Storage space is amazing, the frunk can truly hold a human being - 5'2" 120 lbs can fit in there no problem.
+ fit and finish, stitching all spot on - classy look without being obnoxious.

- Electronic emergency brake. Lever (like a hood release) that you push forward to engage or pull to release. I prefer a conventional emergency brake...minor complaint.
- No front grills covering the intakes for the radiators - quite large openings. GT4s have grills. Ordered Zunsport grills, going on today
- Base audio has bluetooth for phone connection, but cannot play audio from iPhone. Had to buy a $150 Arcam MiniBlink device that plugs into the Aux port in the glove box to allow me to play iphone audio thru the car speakers - but still no headunit control over coverart, advancing songs. Pretty disappointing in an expensive car...workaround is adequate though.

Pic for your troubles
P1130110.JPG

·
Registered
146 Posts
+ Storage space is amazing, the frunk can truly hold a human being - 5'2" 120 lbs can fit in there no problem.
You locked your wife in the frunk?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Hehe - I actually asked her to try to get in there...I don't know why she said no??
My 180lbs brother fits in there just fine too. Or both kids at once :) It would make a fine mafia car...

Reactions: canux

·
Registered
940 Posts
+ base 2 way seats are very comfy and hug you very well - zero complaint or desire for upgraded
You are really making me anxious to get mine! I'm thrilled you love it and your descriptions are helpful insomuch as they help me prepare for when mine arrives. Thanks.

One point of clarification. You do not have the base 2-way seats. The GTS comes stock with the 2-way sport seat plus. Big difference between them and the base seats in the 2.7 and S models.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Classic!!! so funny!

My 180lbs brother fits in there just fine too. Or both kids at once :) It would make a fine mafia car...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on a great car. That blue is beautiful.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Congrats - really cool color and I completely agree with your review!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Some have stated that the grilles reduce cooling and the result is the car runs hotter... No firsthand experience though.

I have just resigned myself to cleaning out the intakes by hand (or vacuum if necessary).

·
Registered
355 Posts
- Base audio has bluetooth for phone connection, but cannot play audio from iPhone. Had to buy a $150 Arcam MiniBlink device that plugs into the Aux port in the glove box to allow me to play iphone audio thru the car speakers - but still no headunit control over coverart, advancing songs. Pretty disappointing in an expensive car...workaround is adequate though.
Are you sure about that? I haven't tried my iPhone (it's a work phone, so haven't loaded it up with music), but my Windows phone plays music just fine through the Aux BT connection.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Adding to my to-do list: removing the frunk hood and driving down the road like that to see people's reactions. A youtube video in the making for sure...
Better idea. Remove frunk hood, install a Mini Gun and a Jason Statham. Expendibles 4.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts