Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed my Race Plenum install following Segue007's directions. It took me less then two hours to complete--that is if you don't count the 35 mile round-trip interruption to get a second 4" hose clamp. The first one wouldn't tighten, it kept slipping as it got snug.
I found an easier way to zip-tie the left shift cable to insure that it not pop off its bracket. Once the stock plenum is removed look down below the part of the intake that contains the MAS and you can see the shift cable sheath end at the bracket attached to the top of the transmission. Simply loop a zip-tie around the shift cable, insert the end into the lock and slide it down the cable and over the bracket. You can now tighten the zip tie with one hand (as that's all that will fit). I placed two zip-ties for insurance. It took a couple minutes and I didn't have to crawl under the car.
Sorry I didn't take pictures but once you've removed the plenum and look down there it will be pretty obvious what you need to do.
As far as performance gains, I flashed my ECU last fall and just last week had my SpeedART exhaust installed. Apparently the Race Plenum doesn't add much in the way of HP, just completes the package for better breathing.
I've read I can expect around 30 HP total with these mods and a fatter torque curve. It's hard to tell since the car sat in the garage over the winter and I first took it out to get the exhaust installed. But everytime I've driven in the past few weeks it just seems like it pulls harder all the way to redline without any flat spots. Very gratifying.:dance:
I'm done with engine mods.
BW

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
That's pretty much where I'm at. ECU flash, plenum, and exhaust. But then there's the TPC turbo dangling in front of my face.

Enjoy the 'new' ride.:burnout:
-Moto

I'm done with engine mods.
BW

·
Registered
126 Posts
A symbiotic modification of both ends like that seems like an extremely wise choice, and money well spent. Now all you need is a little suspension modification so that those extra horses can be fully utilized, and maybe a little Sprint Booster mod......oh wait, your done. Sorry.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
James,
Done with engine mods. I plan to do a couple things suspension wise and maybe some appearance mods as well. I can't stop tinkering altogether.:helpme:
BW

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yes, thanks to Schwabe for selling his wife's SRP in classifieds. I was going to wait a couple months and purchase new from Softronic but when Schwabe advertised the used one at half off, I couldn't resist.
BW

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm confused with something. I thought that the SRP was not a transferable product. I have one that a friend gave to me and when I called Softronic, they got angry at me and said that they would not sell me the flash that goes with it unless I buy the whole package.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
doubledge,
I don't know anything about that as I had already flashed my ECU. I would think Softronic would be happy to sell you their software with our without the plenum. Good luck.
James,
I guess, but it can turn into kind of a compulsion can't it? :crazy:
BW

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K-Man S,
I did post my method to the Segue007's article but unfortunately didn't think of posting or pictures until after I had completed the task. :(
Next time.
BW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.