Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

These were delivered this week and I thought I'd post a thread so folks might see how they look and my impressions on my short ownership.

First, they are light, but take a fair amount of space when storing. It's a bit disconcerting to think they will support a Cayman with ease given how they feel and look, but they do it well.

I pulled onto the ramps and backed onto them, and found it easier to get the car like in the pic when I backed onto them. One must exercise caution as my 18" stock tires are the width of the ramps, but it can be done safely if you're careful. The car seems rock solid on the ramps and cribs.

Once the car is in the air, eight inches of lift seems like a mile when you're under the car. Any routine maintenance is easily done with this clearance. On a side note, it is always fun to see the underside of your car.

I might do my first oil and filter change this weekend and these are going to make that so much easier. Leaving it on these for an overnight drip is overkill I'm sure, but easily done with this setup.

I used the Arcan HJ2500 floor jack (along with a hockey puck) available from Costco for $100+tax to handle the lifting. It works well and with Costo's excellent return policy, it is the a good value choice.

I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Eddie

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts