Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know several members have lots of experience with RaceRender. I also know most people hate the Sport Chrono data logging in large part because it requires you to manually mark laps.

My goal is to simply have telemetry to overlay on my video. I'm not interested in lap times, well, at all. (On a track with enforced passing zones, lap times are really arbitrary based on traffic. I'm also just going out to have fun.) So my question is this:

If I were to simply start the chrono on my way out of the pits and stop it again coming back in, would the recorded data be everything I need for RaceRender to do the overlay? Does it need, or even use, lap splits?

It'll be my first time at Sonoma and it will likely be raining, too. I can do without the distraction of remembering to mark laps.

Thanks!
Mickey

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I had SC on a 987 and found it next to useless but it may be better in the 981.

Questions
1)is data from the SC exportable? if so how do you do that?
2)What data are you looking for?

Suggestion:
I'm using RaceChrono for android and if you already have RR doing the video editing, you can overlay the RC data on the video easily. You can add as much or as little data as you want.
Regarding the laptimes on tracks with passing zones, it may be traffic limited but you can still get a feel for your split times to see how you did in areas where there was no traffic to see what ou did right or wrong.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1)is data from the SC exportable? if so how do you do that?
You can if you have "Sport Chrono Plus I.C.W. PCM" Look for the thread "How are folks capturing speed, rpm etc and overlaying it on videos?"

A member (subshooter) made this video:

2)What data are you looking for?
I really just want eye-candy on the videos. G-Force, track map, RPM, Speed.... This is just for fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts