Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I didn't order it for the GT3 mainly because of the price- $1850 and it has to have a phone to record the video. For that price you can get an AIM solo (which I have already) and a Smartycam. Also while I'm not very good at manipulating AIM Racestudio, currently quite a few drivers and coaches use it and can share. Maybe with time the Porsche app will be widely used. I've read some mixed views over on RL. A good thing about the app would be you don't have to cut into the ECU wiring to access the data like you have to do with the AIM solo datalogger. but I'm not sure all the channels and data frequency you can get from the app. I also figured that I could add the app later if wanted since it's listed in the techquipment catalog. Hmm, wonder if it could be also added to a turbo? or other 991?

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Zedcat, you gotta be mistaken! I just checked the configurator price for both the GT3 and turbo and it was about 600 USD:

Electronic logbook for PCM
SAR 2,200

The price is not expensive at all. Maybe not worth it, well...

·
Noob
857 Posts
That app has been around for a while, but sucks that I can't use it for my 981. I don't see why they had to restrict it to the GT3/4 cars. I also hate when apps like this one (even the gopro app) require wifi instead of bluetooth. Pain in the *** to keep switching wifi from my actual hotspot to the stupid gopro one. Cars already have bluetooth, wtf not just allow precision app to use that for all cars.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
^ Zedcat, you gotta be mistaken! I just checked the configurator price for both the GT3 and turbo and it was about 600 USD:

Electronic logbook for PCM
SAR 2,200

The price is not expensive at all. Maybe not worth it, well...
Zedcat is correct. You're looking at something completely different than the app.

·
Registered
89 Posts
+1
The app is part of the Sport Chrono package. While the Electronic logbook is an add-on for the PCM: Enables automatic logging on every journey of mileage, route distance, date, time, starting location and destination. Includes data management and analysis software for PC. Software fulfils all statutory requirements for automatic logbooks as specified by the German revenue authorities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1
The app is part of the Sport Chrono package. While the Electronic logbook is an add-on for the PCM: Enables automatic logging on every journey of mileage, route distance, date, time, starting location and destination. Includes data management and analysis software for PC. Software fulfils all statutory requirements for automatic logbooks as specified by the German revenue authorities
Thank you.

I stand corrected... Sorry Zedcat.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Thank you.

I stand corrected... Sorry Zedcat.
No worries at all!

It's interesting, for the 2014 GT3 the sport chrono option was about $500-600 which was just the clock. PTV, the PDK sport mode, were all standard. Then for 2015 the option jumped to $1800 for the clock plus the track app. Also interesting that in the US techquipment catalog the retrofit track app option is about $1400 presumably since it's just the app and not the clock too. Of course the dealer will charge to "install" it. I still wonder since it's a software thing if it could be added to a non GT car or if there is something unique in the GT cars.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
It was not clear if they add an additional chip to do more datalogging to the car. I asked David back in Geneva... Still waiting for his answer. I guess I need to ping him :)

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was not clear if they add an additional chip to do more datalogging to the car. I asked David back in Geneva... Still waiting for his answer. I guess I need to ping him :)
David Beckham in Geneva?!! Please send him my regards :taunt:

No, I don't watch soccer games... I know him from Armani billboards ;)

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
David Beckham in Geneva?!! Please send him my regards :taunt:

No, I don't watch soccer games... I know him from Armani billboards ;)
Close but David Burkhalter :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts