Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an idea where I can buy used racing tires for DE's? Someone at the last event mentioned Bob Chick as a possible source for good used tires. I'm running PS2's now and they work good, but want to go to the next level and feel I need the "slicks" to get the maximum traction. It seems like a good way to go, even if I only get 2 - 3 events out of them and then throw them away, rather than an investment in a new set, as I only run 3 - 4 events a year. Any comments or ideas?:helpme:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The next level after good street tires (like the PS2) would be R-comp tires rather than racing slicks. Since many spec race classes run on R-comps rather than slicks, they should be all you need for DEs. Even with R-comps, be aware that, although they give better ultimate grip, they lose grip at their limit more abruptly than PS2s. Some R-comps can be driven on road to and from events (e.g., Michelin Cups), while others should not be driven on the road at all (e.g., Hoosiers, and any other tire that has a few grooves around the tire but no tread pattern). Finally, if you produce enough lateral g forces on slicks, you'll probably develop a problem with oil delivery in the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.