Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am grateful that I am finally able to start one of these threads after reading over the numerous deliveries that have been happening over the past couple weeks. After the car was late to port 5 days and showed up at the wrong port I knew the last couple weeks were going to be rough. After missing its delivery date this passed Friday I didn't think I would be taking delivery of it till next week. Then my SA calls me out of no where and says we just got a heads up we have a truck in bound with your GT4 on it. Of course I was jammed with the to do list with the wife that day so I was not able to rush over to the dealer to see it delivered. As the truck didn't show up till after 2pm I didn't think there was anyway I would be taking delivery till Monday. Well my dealer one upped themselves again and said it was getting PDI that day and I could take it home that night. I can't recommend Porsche of Greenville enough, I have never had a dealer treat me the way they do (especially since I am younger). I will for now hold off posting a review as I am have only drove the car 12 miles. I can tell you one thing though you will not be disappointed in the way it looks, way better in the metal then it does in pictures and thats saying something. I will leave some picture for you guys here to enjoy. I will update this thread once I have some quality seat time.

Bonus: I have also attached some pictures of the fire extinguisher and Oil Filter as I seen some where asking for them in earlier threads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a stunning looking car. Congratulations. Can't wait to hear your reviews of it. Btw ...Two beautiful cars in your stable now that I can see.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. Congrats!

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,632 Posts
Such a beautiful car! I love the color!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ask and you shall receive. Pretty much a no frills build just heated seats, yellow belts, and fire extinguisher

·
Registered
948 Posts
Very cool CarAholic! and Congratulations on the new ride!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Didn't know you could get it without headlight washers....must be part of light package....would rather have mine without headlight washers too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats, it is identical to mine except I didn't get the fire extinguisher. I have several hundred miles on mine and continue to be impressed. Also I took it to Cars & Coffee yesterday and it was a very big hit. Dayton Cars & Coffee Facebook page has some picture. Cheers and enjoy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You won't get the headlight washers as long as you don't spec the pdls lights. I am loving mine so far but will still give it some time before I comment, currently 100 miles on the odometer. One thing I will say is the car is way to quite currently, looking at some catless headers to fix that problem.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Beautiful! Congrats!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Gorgeous GT4. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Quick notes comparing it to my 991. So today was the first day I took the 911 out since I got the GT4. Now this is not a 100% fair as the 911 is fully broken as it has 16k miles on it. Overall feel of the 991 vs the GT4 is surprisingly different. To start out with the steering in the 991 isn't nearly as good as the GT4 as far as feel and precision go. The 911 just feels more floaty where the GT4 is just direct. Engine wise the 911 definitly pulls harder then the GT4 its a noticeable difference. Now I haven't taken the GT4 past 4k so I was driving my 911 the exact same way and keeping it under 4,000. It just pulls easier and harder from 1-4k then the GT4 does in every gear. Now this is a little disappointing but by no means takes my enjoyment away from the car. Hopefully this frees up a little once I get some miles on her. Brake pedal feel between the two cars is quite different as well the GT4 is way more linear where the 911 has a dead spot at the beginning of the pedal travel. Gearbox/Clutch wise the GT4 just feels better in every possible way. Clutch I would say is a hair heavier then the 911 but with a way shorter travel and the same goes for the actual shifter itself. As for Handling the 911 will always have that rear engine corner exit down pat but I can't just get over the turn in capabilities of the GT4 they just never seem to find the limit. The cayman just feels way more planted and direct with every input you give it. My personal feelings between the two cars is they are almost as far apart from each other in driver experience as an M4 is compared to a cayman s. The 911 just felt big compared to the cayman even though dimensional they aren't that much different. The biggest thing I took away from driving the 911 today is that although I love this car and have no complaints at all with it, I couldn't help missing the GT4 every minute I was behind the wheel. I plan on taking both cars up to the mountains this weekend so i will have more to report then. So everyone that was lucky enough to get an allocation you will not be disappointed. I just can't wait to get some more miles on her and I can really open her up and explore.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea sorry for not updating the thread. It unfortunately rained that whole weekend so i did not get a chance to take them to the mountains until this past Friday. Note the GT4 is still being broken in so I only took it to 5k the entire run. It started out with me and my wife in the GT4 and my buddy took my 911. All I can say from my time in just the GT4 was how flat the car cornered and it has just an immense amount of turn in it has. There were a couple of times I came into a corner pretty hot and i was like ok this is going to push but low and behold it just clung on for dear life. The amount of grip this thing has is ridiculous and i am kind of timid because the limits are just so high. After spending an 1.5 hours in the GT4 we swapped cars on top of the blue ridge park way and ran everything again. First initial thoughts after jumping back into the 911, it felt like a panamara in size and feedback, just very floaty and non direct feel. I still do love the mid corner full throttle pull but my buddy was on my *** every turn as I had to slow down so much unlike the GT4 where you can just take them no problem. The 911 still has a better mid range then the GT4 but this could change in time as my 911 has 17k miles and the GT4 only has 700. At the end of the day I kicked my buddy out of the GT4 and told him he had to drive the 911. The GT4 is the better car hands down for driving. I don't regret anything at all about the car it is perfect in my eyes. There was only one thing I missed from my 911 during those drives and that was the cooled seats. For everyone that was able to get one consider yourself very lucky.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts