Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with these to go along with spacers? I am not sure I want to pay double the cost for chrome from Boothe... They are made in Germany and claim to be stronger than stock. Only concern is that they are 17mm head vs. 19mm OEM. Just need a different wrench I guess. This is from thier website...

RAD uses only top quality steel from certified steel mills for all lug bolts, lug nut and wheel locks. All lug bolts, lug nuts and wheel locks are COLD FORGED and are tempered to strength class 10.9 or 10. NOTHING is machined!
Every single fastener is tested and logged on a PACE test machine to ensure compliance with specifications. By doing so, we completely fulfill the zero fault philosophy that we expect and demand.
All RAD products are Dacromet coated and applied "according to Daimler Benz standard DBL8440". Due to enviormental concerns, over the next year, RAD will be changing from Dacromet to Geomet 321+VL which is CR+6 free and enviormentally safe as well as resistant to most of the popular wheel cleaners on the market unlike the Dacromet.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I have 'em. They seem good...no issues, but the finish looks like galvanized steel...kind of a primer grey color. The 17mm head is not a problem.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My autocross wheels needed spacers and longer bolts for the rear only. Since I was going to run my stock bolts in the front and swapping back and forth between stock and longer in the rear I really didn't want to deal with the 17mm head. I found another reasonable priced set here with 19mm heads:
Hartmann lug bolts, (sold in sets of 10 lugs)
Go to the pulldown for the R14 Ball Seat ones. Select the length you need. I can't really comment on their quality since I've only used them to test fit my wheels so far. I was happy to see that they use a two-piece design like the stock ones even though the picture doesn't show that.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
They are good quality lug bolts. I bought a set with spacers from Maxspeed last year and they worked fine. Keep in mind that they can still rust or corrode like the OEM bolts.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 'em. They seem good...no issues, but the finish looks like galvanized steel...kind of a primer grey color. The 17mm head is not a problem.
do they look bad compared with the factory wheel finish? anyone have a picture of the bolts installed on a Porsche wheel?

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
do they look bad compared with the factory wheel finish? anyone have a picture of the bolts installed on a Porsche wheel?
They look almost exactly like the Porsche OEM bolts. Aside from being 2mm smaller, you won't be able to tell the difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.