Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I finally took the plunge and ordered a Blendmount for the Cayman. I installed it yesterday and am very pleased with it. I'll definitely get another on for the Cayenne soon. My only trouble was in being able to reach it to tighten the screws as you have to perch on the edge of the seat and its hard to keep from sliding down to the rear without an extra hand for support. I had to lengthen the power cord from the OBDII port since it now runs longer to the new location of the , but its all finished now. I'm another satisfied user, and if I weren't using the SAVVY add-on for my V-1 I'd go with the mirror tap. Great product.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Just got around to setting up the V1 in our 981BS with a Blendmount and the Invisicord Dual Cord. We've had a Blendmount (bought it back when they offered it for $30 to testers) with a mirror power wire in the other vehicle for about 5 years. The V1 was about 10 years old and was just sent in to be upgraded (i.e. replaced with a new one) so we could use it with the V1Connection. Thanks to those who have posted info and photos previously in this and other threads!

Rather than tap into the power in the mirror or Homelink locations, I got the SAVVY option for the V-1 and like it so well I got another for my Cayenne. Previously I've always tapped into power in the overhead console, and in fact still do for the wife's 535i, but she doesn't have the SAVVY function. I enjoy it so much since I don't have to reach up and mute the RD after it alerts.
From what I understand with the V1Connection and the right smartphone app. SAVVY functionality can be replicated in addition to adding programmability and other functionality via apps (e.g. frequency display, logging, GPS lockout, etc) so I went that route. The only problem is that I couldn't find any room behind the Homelink/light unit to stash the V1C or the BOB so I didn't use the BOB and the V1C is mounted to the V1 like some sort of hideous growth.

Haven't had a chance to really test out using the V1 with the V1C aside from messing around a bit with some of the programming options but will be doing more with the setup.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ddd... Thanks for taking the time to share your MirrorTap journey. I know it has been 3 years and hope you are still part of the forum. Unfortunately the pictures have been lost. Would it be possible to get you to e-Mail or DropBox them to me.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Hi All, I know this is an old thread but I’m having trouble. I added a mirrortap to my cayman and had no issues. It was quick and easy. However, for some reason I’m having trouble snapping the two plastic pieces together that are closest to the windshield. The mirror tap wire is not anywhere near these but I just can’t get the pieces to go back in place. I also tried with new pieces. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also looking to see photos or some update as to how to get the rearview mirror assembly back together. I have a 718 Cayman but I assume the mirror assembly is very similar to the 981. Does anyone have access to the photos that don't work anymore from the OP?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would also like to see the photos that don't seem to be available. I just see small square icons with a question mark in the squares. Can they be reposted or added back in as additional posts?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts