Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my Zunsport stainless grills from the UK and installed them yesterday at the office. It took about 15min because I added zip ties to the side grills as additional security against them coming off. Here are pictures ...

Center grill

Side grill

I've used these on my RS60 Boxster and like them for two reasons:
1. No leaves and other detrius to clean out
2. Protection against rocks and other c**p that can damage the radiators and condenser

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hmm, I would want to mount them behind the vanes on the sides.

I also would like one for the rear slot as well. I always think its strange seeing the molded muffler, and piping through that slot.

Will keep watching this for now, many thanks for posting pics!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I had those on my 08 CS and they worked perfectly. I had 0 issues with them for the 3 years of ownership. I have the mount from behind on my CR. For what it is worth......I think the front mounted like these are much more substantial than the insert from the front but mount behind the ribs. Though, I have had no issues as yet with the ones on the CR. What I do like about these and the ones I had on the 08 is that they much more closely resemble grilles on the likes of Jags, CTSV which to me are quite attractive.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, I would want to mount them behind the vanes on the sides.
There is a company (I forgot the name) that sells grill screens that mount behind the slats but you have to take off the bumper cover to install and it uses self-tapping screws. I almost got those but I like that you can remove the Zunsport grills without too much difficulty and it leaves no trace that they were there. Plus, these are substantial and stiff - I had them on my RS60 for 3 years and they looked new when I turned in the Boxster for the 911.

·
Poverty by Porsche
515 Posts
to me it seems the mesh is not fine enough so any small stones would go through it as well i suppose ...?
Porsche didn't seem to think it was an issue. Plus, you do not want to restrict air flow.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the later model product on my CR. It is very well made. I certainly hope that it does not impede the flow or air to the radiators, but the track debris was starting to do way more damage overall which can't be good for the efficiency either.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I ran the exterior mounted grille covers with the thicker wire mesh on the 08 CS for three years in the heat of Birmingham summers, stop and go traffic every afternoon and nevery had an issue with the engine being negatively impacted. I believe that the debris that accumulates on the radiators without these grilles far surpasses any air blockage issue of the size of the wire in the mesh...........agreeing with the point about track debris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts