Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you park and turn off the engine, is it wise to shut down battery draining electronics like the radio and a/c, or can they be left on so that they start up immediately when the engine is turned on again?

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
The AC shuts down with the engines switched off anyway, and the radio will when the keys removed.
That's fine to do - mine sits for weeks that way with no battery drain. What you need to make sure you turn off is anything you have attached to a power outlet, like a radar detector or i-pod.

brad

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's fine to do - mine sits for weeks that way with no battery drain. What you need to make sure you turn off is anything you have attached to a power outlet, like a radar detector or i-pod.

brad

I think your reply should have gone to SGF, but I'll let you off this time. :banana:

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I meant was: Is the battery unduly drained when restarting the car, if the a/c and radio (left in the on mode) restart with it, as well?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The A/C compressor will fire up after the solonoid is thrown, which should be after the engine is running as it's crank driven.

As for the radio,it's driving the speakers that saps power and as the revert to a default low volume when the ignition is first switched on, I wouldn't worry.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
What I meant was: Is the battery unduly drained when restarting the car, if the a/c and radio (left in the on mode) restart with it, as well?
you will be fine

·
Registered
393 Posts
you will be fine
I need to get one of those! Clear all the left lane drivers in MN. It's like this state is full of deputy dogs.

:hilarious:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
I need to get one of those! Clear all the left lane drivers in MN. It's like this state is full of deputy dogs.

:hilarious:
you must have missed it in ordering...its option M1919 its between 180.00 center caps and 2000.00 steering wheel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts