Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home today my radio was working fine. I made a stop and when I restarted the car my radio does not work. Initially I could push the Tuner button to switch between AM/FM/SAT but it would only stay on the same screen and no music plays. I was able to switch it to Media and swap between the options, but it will only stay on iPod. I am able to do a search, make a selection, and tap on "start playback", but it reverts back to the search screen and nothing plays. Now it will not even allow me to move between Media and Tuner. I have also unplugged the iPod hoping that would help, but to no avail.

I was able to successfully make a phone call and speak through the cars system, which I did from the steering wheel controls.

2015 Boxster, Bose Surround Sound System

Any suggestions?

Thank you, Beth

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Bethie Boo: do you recall if you had pressed the "save settings" in near rapid succession (like less than a minute or so)? I had the same thing happen to my radio and I back tracked it to said event. Shutting down the car, pulling the key and letting it sit overnight appeared to initiate a system reboot of sorts. Never had the problem again and I am mindful of the frequency with which I save settings. FWIW.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure what I did. I wondered if I had gotten back in the car and accidentally hit something on the steering wheel to cause no sound, but I don't know what that would be. Then after continuing to mess with it, that is when it started freezing up and not letting me change things. I did try getting back in the car a bit later to see if it was working last night, but it still wasn't. Then this morning, voila! I hope that I did something like you mention and that is all that it is. I did not plug my iPod back in yet, wanted to see if it continues to work before adding that back to it.

Thank you for the information!

·
Registered
111 Posts
My radio today was not turning on at all. Also, could not eject the CD. Then after driving for about 40 minutes it suddenly came on by itself. When I adjusted the volume, it went quite (no sound). I could still do all the things on the screen, but no sound (no, it was not just muted). After restarting the car, it seems to be working fine now. Not liking this, since the dealer won't be able to "reproduce". Let's hope it won't happen again.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
May just be a connector that's not fully inserted (and locked) as it should've been during assembly. It'll probably jostle its way loose again at some point. Mention it when you next for in for service (oil, etc.) and they'll probably just pull the head-unit and re-seat the connectors.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I've had unusual radio issues as well. One day the entire right side went dead. Then, some static and intermittent connection. Next day, everything worked as usual.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My 2014 CS had similar no audio regardless if FM, AM, XM or CD selected. Turn on/off, same result. Next day, all fine. Had another issue (AC not working ) so mentioned the audio issue to the excellent service manager at the local dealer. They erred aware of this intermittent issue and said a load of software updates would address. That was about 2 weeks ago and issue has not repeated. My CS was a very early build with a 28 April delivery date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts