Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Which radio are you taking out? Look up the pin out for that one and match the pin positions and wire colors to the new harness/radio.

I replaced a CDR-24 and used a NAV TV KIT 210 as well as part of a Metro adapter for a non-bose car for the power and ground. The Acc had to be run directly to a switched fuse in the box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have an 06 Boxster with Bose, the kit I bought had the fiber optic box and another one. I didn't have any left over harnesses. First you follow the directions and connect the wire harness of the radio to wires on the adapter harness. Then you plug adapter harness to the existing Porsche harness. Check the new radio, for all it's functions....then finish the install.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have 987.1 with Bose and also thinking of replacing CDR-24 with new head unit with back up camera and Bluetooth without changing the Bose speakers and amp if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
You need to get an adapter to convert the head unit signal to a fiber optic which goes to the amp. I bought mine on crutchfield, however, the same harness and converter boxes are available on Ebay for about $250.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
This is what I did. Solves all problems and gives all current options. Nice folks too. I saved some $$$ and went with a deck with Apple Play so I didn't opt for the one with built in GPS, I just transfer it from my phone. View attachment 205499

https://delreycustoms.myshopify.com/collections/all

If you are good with stereo installations from the past, this is a bit tougher but still manageable. The biggest issue is that the harness for all of today's options has quite a bit of wire, so fitting it all back in takes patience. See photo attached! If there is one bit of advice I would give on the install, it would be to take photos of how everything is connected as you take the factory unit out. I also recall that it was IMPORTANT to disconnect the battery prior to stereo removal. Not for shorts although that seems obvious, but if the CDR-24 thinks it's being stolen it locks up, which is an issue if you want to sell it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Delrey charges too much for their product. It is much less expensive to buy an adapter kit online and use whatever head unit you like. I looked at their options when I was doing my upgrade. Unless money is no issue....

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
konacoug is correct they were VERY expensive in the past. But they adjusted their prices a while ago and it's not too bad now, plus they are really good at providing after sale advice on the install. I like the face plate they provide, a good match. And the Porsche logo on startup is.............well..........oddly satisfying.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I read that some engine functions can be displayed on the new heads, which ones and can it be used like a wallpaper, showing a couple of round oil temp, water temp gauges and g loading?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I read that some engine functions can be displayed on the new heads, which ones and can it be used like a wallpaper, showing a couple of round oil temp, water temp gauges and g loading?
This may take a special head unit and a lot more wiring - I believe the canbus attachment to the head unit only receives data from the head unit to send it to the dash display in the gauge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I remember correctly, there is an OBD unit that connects to the head unit that then displays multiple engine results. It may be that any bluetooth OBD unit and head unit will work as long as you can download an OBD app. For an overview of what's possible, take a look at this YT video:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts