Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning after first turning the ignition the radio started sending loud noise through the right rear speaker only. The same issue no matter if its CD or radio mode. All the settings are correct. Will have to let the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No PCM. But after sitting in the garage for a couple of hours and restarting the car the problem has fixed itself and everything is back to normal. I have to just wait and see if the problem comes back. Funny I just started to actualy turn the radio on.

·
Registered
187 Posts
skup, do you have PCM? There have been several little issues reported with that system tjat sound similar to yours. I seem to recall someone mentioning a Bose Amp recall as well. Let us know.

http://www.caymanclub.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2960&FORUM_ID=18&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=PCM+%2F+Bose+Speaker+Issue+%3F&Forum_Title=Cayman+Electronics
Hi my radio stopped working today, completely dead; everything else worked ok. I did a search and found that another member had an amp problem and headunit took a week to fix and now I saw this post something about a bose amp recall? The link in this post -just took me back to the main forum page... has anyone else had a bose radio problem? I guess I'll wait till spring to take it to the dealer. Thanks. JML

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
There is no Bose amp recall for the Cayman, in the past Porsche had issues with Bose amp sound failures or strange noises, but this was resolved and our cars should have updated amps. You might just have a faulty amp or headunit, I would take it into the dealer.

The only fix you can really try yourself in a situation this severe is a battery disconnect and reconnect to reset the bus and system. Give it a few minutes so any memory is cleared out of the headunit.

- Suneet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just experienced the same problem yesterday. I've got the standard radio on (kinda ****) and at night the light behind the on/off/volume button was on, whereas the light behind the channel button was off, which probably means some fuse has burnt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts