Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really odd problem with my drivers side belt buckle. It's VERY noisy. With the seat belt buckled, the slightest movement of either the car or myself causes it to make all variety of loud squeaking/scratching types of noises. So even idling at a stop light, there is this constant racket coming from the buckle. It's audible above both the motor at idle and the radio at a 'normal' volume. I have tried and tried to specifically nail down the exact source/cause, but cannot. I know it's the buckle, but I can't consistently re-create the step-by-step cause of what it is.

I'll take it into the dealer...but it seems such an odd one that I am betting they have never heard of it either. For the record, the passenger side buckle does not have the same issue. It's nice and quiet.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Is it the actual buckle or the side molding? I ask because I actually had the latter and it was fixed at the dealership with more padding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it the actual buckle or the side molding? I ask because I actually had the latter and it was fixed at the dealership with more padding.

from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sorry....I'm not sure what you mean by side molding? Center console? I can tell you the sound itself is coming from the buckle.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Side molding as in where the belt comes out of (lateral to your shoulder). I had rattling coming from in there...weird spot...odd your noise is from the actual buckle. If so is there sound when belt is buckled vs unbuckled?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Also FYI...I took my car to two different dealerships. First one said that I had a "common problem that could not be fixed." That was just BS.!The sound of the rattle frustrated the hell out of me and I know my buddy didn't have it on his 981 and I posted a thread about it, so I took it to a second dealership that fixed this issue. Personally, if you can figure out how to recreate it then you're good but maybe even get a video if possible. It may be my OCD nature but the little creaks really bothered me and if diagnosed accurately I'm sure they can be fixed...

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It may be my OCD nature but the little creaks really bothered me and if diagnosed accurately I'm sure they can be fixed...

I'm with you!!!!! Glad I'm not the only one. :cheers:Still messing with it.........

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I have in the past ajusted my manual drivers seat in such a combination of height, position and seat back angle that the top of the seat actually touches the headliner causing a slight rubbing sound. Now that I'm aware that's actually possible, I check to make sure I haven't done it again by accident. Probably not your problem but it turned out to be mine.:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts