Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when I started my 2014 Boxster with the parking brake engaged, the red word brake in the instrument panel and the red light on the parking brake button were both flashing rapidly at a consistent speed instead of staying on solid. This has happened to me twice now (7300 miles / 14 months). When I release the brake, all is fine with the braking system.

If it matters, last night it was about 40°F and rainy. I don't remember the conditions of the first occurrence, but it seems like it was at least six months ago.

I'll call the service dept next. Better to have it looked at while it's under warranty.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow up: service advisor suggested that I come in if it happens again for the fault code to be read. (Is there a fault code?)

I did some more research and found this. I wonder if there was a fluke and the function below was applied while starting.

Emergency braking functionIf the vehicle cannot be stopped by conventional braking, you can decelerate sharply and stop the vehicle using the electric parking brake.

• Press switch
    and keep it pressed.
    The brake warning light on the instrument panel and the indicator light on the switch
    start to flash.
    The emergency braking function is deactivated when you release the switch.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had that happen last night when I stopped half-way through pulling into my garage. My car was at a slight angle, so my first thought was that it was the anti-hill-roll feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts