Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
After just getting delivery on a recent build, I'll give you my 2cents...

I am totally liking the BOSE sound system/infotainment ... good choice
For me, PDK is a great option --you will not be disappointed
Sports Chrono --- pretty nice to have.
Sports design steering wheel -- feels great in hand..
Smoking package --- no brainer 0$ for an extra charging plug spot..
18-way seats are about 16 ways too many for me.. and my $3225.. Sports Plus seats are great though.
IMO... you are paying a lot for a lot of interior items, some of which I am having a difficult time seeing -- e.g. the yellow chrono dial..
(I didn't order racing yellow seat belts and my car IS Racing Yellow).

But, if you think you will "enjoy" these trim items every time you settle into the seat -- go for it!!! 'cause that is what its all about.

Mechanically, good to go, other than considering PVT..

D

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Check out my profile to see my configuration. I love every option in it, and looking back would probably add full leather, with a light color on the bottom. I also installed an aftermarket backup camera, but a Cayman may need it less.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would drop the Alcantara add-ons and go with PASM, PTV and Light Design Package.

I have the 18-way seats and I feel it's too much for that car, will review that option if I had to re-do it! I wish that Porsche would allow for different configurations between driver/passenger seats, I find it useless to have 18-way for the passenger seat as well!

The yellow gauges and seatbelt are nice IMHO. Good build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
476 Posts
A few questions...
Why don't you go for a GTS? You are basically there price wise.
Why would you get a MY 2015 when you can wait a few months for a MY 2016? Even though the same model, it is a psychological benefit when you go to sell. If you are getting a much better discount for a MY2015, then OK.
The color combos you have are a personal thing - so I will not comment on those.

I like to think about my MOST important options, then stay true to that (either performance, look, leather, sound, etc) - otherwise, it is easy to get to $100k.

Reactions: swessels

·
Registered
89 Posts
A few questions...
Why don't you go for a GTS? You are basically there price wise.
Why would you get a MY 2015 when you can wait a few months for a MY 2016? Even though the same model, it is a psychological benefit when you go to sell. If you are getting a much better discount for a MY2015, then OK.
The color combos you have are a personal thing - so I will not comment on those.

I like to think about my MOST important options, then stay true to that (either performance, look, leather, sound, etc) - otherwise, it is easy to get to $100k.
+1 on the GTS, it is the way to go..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Agree with the others - at this price you can get a GTS with $10k in options. I might also pass on the 18 way seats, but this just a matter of preference. Try the 2-way seats and see how they fit. As someone of average height and weight, they felt perfect to me, so I'm happy to save the $3000 and pass on the extra adjustability.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah, GTS is going to be the more sought after on resale too. Also you'll get PASM or X73 for free as well as 20" wheels and that would be one thing that I'd change on your build - the suspension. Standard is fine, but it just rides too high for me. I'd rather have X73 than an Alcantara roof.

·
Registered
477 Posts
That is a lot of yellow dials - to taste for sure, but perhaps drop at least the chrono?

I think a lot depends on your tendencies as to keeping a car. I'm less concerned with optioning up a car with what I want given my inclination to treat cars like dogs/spouses/guns, i.e. choose carefully, keep them forever. If you aren't that type, careful selection becomes more important for front end cost and depreciation! Of course, so too would not individualizing too much with things like yellow dials.

For those suggesting this is a slam-dunk indicated need for a GTS, many of the options he's interested in are still options on the GTS. Pricing out these options makes a GTS a little over $91K, significantly more than his choices. Now, obviously that didn't stop me but I had already decided that PASM and PSE were two items I really wanted, with full leather a close third. For someone disciplined enough to stick to a budget (IOW, not me since this idea started at $70K!!), a GTS isn't always the answer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If that is what you like and you don't care about depreciation go for it. My opinion is more like the rest here. More performance option hence the GTS being the best value for dollar and better resale.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes - I would switch to getting a GTS.

Also, I don't think the 18way / Infotainment represent a good value. Sports Plus 2 way are great, and Bose option better value. I have the Alcantara roof liner in my GTS and never noticed it - a waist to order as an option IMO.

With that $7,000+ I just saved you, add 20" wheels, X73 (if you're sporty, PASM if not), and sport exhaust.

I like the way the yellow gauges look with the dark interior, I think you will too once you have them.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for all of the great advice. Everyone's comments have been helpful. I spoke with the dealer today and made the following changes which kept the total cost the same.

Here's the revised Porsche code: PG6P9CP2

Removed:
Alcantara Headliner
Alcantara Lid w/ Porsche Logo
Yellow Seat Belts
Yellow Dials + Sport Chrono

Added:
PASM
Torque Vectoring

I really want the the adjustable 18 way seats... my current 2 way seats are not that comfortable and I really like the 18 way silver backs. It was tough giving up the yellow instruments but I was afraid I'd get sick of them after a few years. I'm not leasing this car so the late 2015 build is no matter to me.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Hmm... I have the yellow gauges and after over 2 years still enjoy them. But my car is having a yellow theme anyway. In your case it may have been a color too much.

you will hate yellow seat belts in about 8 months time..

I have yellow seat belts..

Lemon
Do tell. Why do you hate them?

FWIW, I decided against yellow seat belts in my Boxster because it is my daily driver and I expect the seat belts to get dirty and I want to wear whatever colors I like. On the GT4 I will order the yellow belts, because with that wing, nothing can make me look more like a tool, not even the belts :hilarious:.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My goal was to make this car more urban friendly. I wanted more power, the fast response of PDK and a suspension that was more comfortable. I have both X73 and PSE in my current 2.7 Early on I liked the sound of the sport exhaust, but after 9 months of ownership I dislike the drone... It can always be added later if I find I miss it. X73 is great on smooth twisty roads.... too stiff for me on crappy city pavement.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I was going to opt for the colored instrument gauges when I ordered my Cayman. But the more I looked at it I think it makes the instrument cluster look unbalanced. The Multi-Function Display will be a different color than the colored speedo and the tach. I think the colored gauges look neat but because of the MFD the instruments will look kind of non symmetrical IMO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts