Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I installed an ipd plenum with GT3 throttle body, together with a Motorsport AOS on my new-to-me Cayman S. (Many thanks, BTW, to Yancey for his great writeup on the plenum installation. http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-boxster-modifications/15834-ipd-plenum-installation-guide.html)

During the disassembly process, I noticed quite a lot of what looked like attic insulation material under the manifolds. It was really packed in there. After a bit of head-scratching, I realized that this was not a Porsche-installed item. Apparently, during its stay with the previous owner, the car had become home to some sort of vermin. My son and I were amazed at the amount of stuff we pulled out--I'm surprised it didn't catch fire. Dish Food Cuisine Ingredient Side dish

I also discovered that the furry occupants had chewed the insulation off a wire down under there. I have no idea what it went to, but, with some difficulty, I was able to wrap it in tape. Auto part Fuel line Engine Pipe Automotive engine part

Other than these adventures, the installation was pretty straightforward. Best of all, the car fired right up when I was done, ants the butt dyno reports a significant improvement in power.

I'm continuing to receive boxes of goodies daily to build the car into a track rat. Didn't expect the rats to live in my car, though.

Terry 2006 Cayman S, seal gray, JIC/Cross coilovers, Remus exhaust, ipd Plenum, GT3 throttle body, Motorpsort AOS

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Wow you are really are lucky. Fluffy stuff + plus exposed wire is a great way to get fire :eek:

Good job clearing that out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.