Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I installed an ipd plenum with GT3 throttle body, together with a Motorsport AOS on my new-to-me Cayman S. (Many thanks, BTW, to Yancey for his great writeup on the plenum installation. http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-boxster-modifications/15834-ipd-plenum-installation-guide.html)

During the disassembly process, I noticed quite a lot of what looked like attic insulation material under the manifolds. It was really packed in there. After a bit of head-scratching, I realized that this was not a Porsche-installed item. Apparently, during its stay with the previous owner, the car had become home to some sort of vermin. My son and I were amazed at the amount of stuff we pulled out--I'm surprised it didn't catch fire. IMG_9514.JPG

I also discovered that the furry occupants had chewed the insulation off a wire down under there. I have no idea what it went to, but, with some difficulty, I was able to wrap it in tape. IMG_9516.JPG

Other than these adventures, the installation was pretty straightforward. Best of all, the car fired right up when I was done, ants the butt dyno reports a significant improvement in power.

I'm continuing to receive boxes of goodies daily to build the car into a track rat. Didn't expect the rats to live in my car, though.

Terry 2006 Cayman S, seal gray, JIC/Cross coilovers, Remus exhaust, ipd Plenum, GT3 throttle body, Motorpsort AOS

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Wow you are really are lucky. Fluffy stuff + plus exposed wire is a great way to get fire :eek:

Good job clearing that out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts