Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am hoping someone can help. I fix one rattle, and get another(probably since the previous rattles heard the smaller ones).

Driver's side, sorry not passenger.

I hear a rattle/vibrating sound from the trim/door panel/behind the seat, I can't localize it.

It doesn't seem to be the storage compartments.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am hoping someone can help. I fix one rattle, and get another(probably since the previous rattles heard the smaller ones).

Driver's side, sorry not passenger.

I hear a rattle/vibrating sound from the trim/door panel/behind the seat, I can't localize it.

It doesn't seem to be the storage compartments.

Any thoughts?
Do you have rear speakers? Maybe the speaker or grates are loose? My passenger side door speaker needed to be tightened down to subdue some rattles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My car has just developed a rubbing sound somewhere in the cockpit, on the passengers side. Its a bit like a speaker is on its way out, but will happen when the radio is off and it is related to road surface - i.e. run over a bad bit of road surface and you hear the rubbing as the car damps out the initial bump......tried all pockets empty and the glove compartment empty and open/closed. anyone had similar?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
My car has just developed a rubbing sound somewhere in the cockpit, on the passengers side. Its a bit like a speaker is on its way out, but will happen when the radio is off and it is related to road surface - i.e. run over a bad bit of road surface and you hear the rubbing as the car damps out the initial bump......tried all pockets empty and the glove compartment empty and open/closed. anyone had similar?
Check the left front seat cushion corner of the passenger seat. If my seat is adjusted close to the dash, the corner rubs against the center console. It makes a plastic rubbing sound.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Check the left front seat cushion corner of the passenger seat. If my seat is adjusted close to the dash, the corner rubs against the center console. It makes a plastic rubbing sound.
Yes, I can quiet a "rattle" by placing my hand on the seat bottom - almost sounds like a seat bolt is loose somewhere. My solution? Drive with the top down - you can't hear it. :p

·
Registered
309 Posts
Try pushing the passenger seat a bit forward/untilt so it doesnt rub with the seat belt. I had a squeeking noise coming from the passenger side as well. Took it to Porsche, they replicated it and fixed the issue. I think something needed to be tightened. But maybe take it to the dealer. I also had a creaking noise coming from the glove which they fixed as well. Point is, the dealer can fix all this if you can replicate it which you should be able to. :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.