Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re:Ceramic discs

Hi, I am not a big poster on the net...I have posted before and got No response to another topic... I have a 2006 Cayman S and have had it since it was a year old...I have recently fitted a Capristo exhaust system following your rave reviews and your right its fantastic....anyway I have been offered a set of Ceramic discs from a 997 Turbo...just the discs on there own...I probably know the answer but is there any way these would fit my cayman with new mounting brackets for my calipers and is ther any benefit given that the surface area on the caymans pads would be smaller than disc's face....I have been offered these very cheap and that is the only reason I am asking what probably is to most of you a rediculous proposition....
Kind regards
Shane

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Re: Ceramic discs

As I understand it, several components need to be changed to swap over to the ceramic brakes, not only the rotors and calipers but some spindle piece or something else as well I don't recall exactly, someone looked it up a couple of years ago. I don't think the Carrera ones are the same size either but you can easily check that with a Porsche parts supplier such as one of our sponsors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Ceramic discs

Thanks Guy's for the response, I thought that would be the case alright!!! I left the car into the Porsche dealer before Xmas, they changed the fluid in the brakes,the pads are due to be replaced....The brakes feel a bit wooden, you seem to have to press alot harder I know the pads are not completely gone probably another 3k left on them! What pads, fluid would be a good upgrade?? I do a bit of track driving and a fair bit of fast road driving on twisty little rallying roads(I have footage of Henri Toivenen in the ex Rothmans Porsche on my road)I know alot of lads near by use Carbon Lorraine pads on there m3's but they eat discs on the m3's are they a good option on the cayman s??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts