Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone (Hopefully I'm posting in the correct place now)!

I've recently purchased my first ever Porsche (2014 Cayman 981) after several years of lusting.

My first experience of Porsche was being driven around in a friends 911 (997) and eventually getting behind the wheel one day myself. Since that day in approx. 2010 I've had a desire to have my own Porsche.

Due to the price etc, my heart was always set on a Cayman 987 but as soon as the 981 was released, the goal posts moved some what!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, last month I stumbled across the perfect 981 for me at Porsche Centre Torino, Italy and now I'm the owner of a 2014 Base Cayman. She's a very basic 981 in Midnight blue, 20" Carrera wheels, Beige leather interior and with the PDK..no other specials but therefore, the price was right!

Greetings from Torino, Italy .. I've named her Paola and here she is:

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
I think the satin matte 20" Carrera wheels look stunning against blue, but I'm biased. They are my favourite wheels.

Beautiful car. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
364 Posts
Beautiful car! Enjoy your new ride.

I am biased, but agree that these are the best wheels!

Reactions: Markinviaggio

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club, mate!

Remember, that a most people buy 981 because it handles better than 911 and doesn't have two useless baby-seats in the back! Not because it's a few dollars cheaper.

P.S. I envy you re having all those best European driving roads nearby :(

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Love that color combo.......ordered an R a few years back with that exact combo. My current 2016 Cayman 2.7L is my second with Luxor Beige interior (Mahogany Metallic).

·
Registered
737 Posts
Great colour combo. Congratulations! Now... go drive it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts