Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I reached a low point in my Caymanlessness. I know I’ve been brave helping other Fellows-in-Waiting with my advice in other threads (http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-chat/36639-new-boxster-2-9-pdk-ordered.html), but it was all a ruse, a fake! I’m not a strong-willed person; I’m a weak person. Maybe my username should be Weakbear. That would be more appropriate. I’ve read every magazine and website article that I could find at least 17 times. I’ve grown tired of looking at them and wondering what Caymanfullness could be like. Has anyone noticed how slowly the workday ticks by when you’re not focused on work? In fact, several times a day I think to myself, “Is it still today?” Long ago (it seems) I took a test drive of something at the dealer place, but I barely remember what it was. Can someone out there remind me? I’m not even certain I’m going to like whatever it was I ordered. And, I still have 1 ½ months to find out. Hopefully, you stronger-willed people can offer up some soothing words of advice or sympathy for this poor soul. If you do, I promise to repay you in kindness manyfold once I’ve reached the other side. (If I ever reach it…) Thank you and god bless.

- Redbear out -

·
Registered
319 Posts
Its not the getting there, but the going that's good -

Unless getting there involves taking delivery of your new Cayman S...

Hang in there!

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
You're welcome to come over to my place and LOOK at my CS... but you CANNOT touch it.

your post cracked me up... Weakbear... see you on the road in 6 weeks... haaaa

·
On Probation
582 Posts
mine is almost always unlocked with the keys on the floor....u bend it u bought it

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
waiting bear, er, weakbear

can't wait to see pictures of your new 2010 Cayman, looks like a winning combination for sure, shouldn't you be "blue bear?"

you're in good company agonizing over the wait, you should have been around here 4 years ago when all of the "early adopters" were waiting

I, too, am waiting for a 2010 PDK to arrive but still have time to make changes to the order. So, there's a certain amount of agony over decisions made. Should I change this or add that? You don't have too worry about decisions any longer. You already made the best decision!
You're getting a Cayman, enjoy! It'll be here before you know.

Maybe my username should be Weakbear.
- Redbear out -

·
Registered
79 Posts
Your patience will be well worth the wait my friend. The galleries keeps me pretty enthusiastic even though I have one sitting in the garage! :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I feel your pain... just in a different way.

Two full months will have elapsed by the time I p/u my '07 CS from the body shop this Saturday for a dent that was supposed to take 1 month. All I do is watch the web video's on the Porsche website over-and-over and read Planet 9 all day. Work ? What's that ? I cry myself to sleep at night.

OK, maybe a bit more than a dent... I'll be posting a wrap up on my long-ago posting of the accident next week.

I miss her sooo much. The front spacers that I had ordered have been sitting on the shelf (rear's already on) as a reminder.

The agony is excruciating :(

P.S. Great narrative on your post.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have a CS on order for a Nov 24 build. I was so proud of myself for doing a great job keeping my mind busy, until I came back on the forums today. Now I'm just as depressed as you.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
I've just reached that other side, but it wasn't all peaches & cream. I was made to wait 3 hours in the dealer workshop upon delivery as they were trying to solve a rear spoiler error code. They even dismantled the back carpet liner :( to gain access to the spoiler connector. This was not what I expected, however being an electrical engineer I just had to go beyond my emotions & see the problem for what it was. In the end it was a simple coding error, I felt like a fool needless to say.

Your car will turn up soon enough, and when it does you will look back and realize. wow I can't believe I made myself go through that...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I waited about 2 1/2 months when I ordered my 07 CS and while it was difficult, the anticipation was strangely enjoyable, in the way as kids we all used to look forward to our presents (a shiny big boy bike!) on Christmas day. I spent a lot of the waiting time reading Cayman articles, surfing our then-CC forum, and just imagining just how great the CS would be...but I was wrong...the CS was even better than I even imagined! Congrats on your new 2.9, and try to enjoy the whole experience...even the wait...it will be well worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
You just need a booster shot . . . get thee to a dealer for another test drive!

Hang in there . . . before long, you'll be doing the Cayman Cha Cha. :dance:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Maybe you should get in touch with Wandering Bear, you know the character from Curb Your Enthusiasm. He seemed to have a cure for most things; a dog that could not bark even a numb vagina. Surely he has an herb in his pocket for Caymanlessness, it is a well know ailment on these pages. :taunt:

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
man, here I was thinking "Great only 2 months to go!" And now you make it sound so dreary. 60 days. Seems so much longer that way.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Been there, done that.

I waited 7 months, and got more and more impatient day by the day.... but when the day comes, you will just forget the past :)

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
December 11 build completion date and even with other P cars in the garage I'm eager to get the new Cayman........ and mine will be here sooner than "Papa in Austin's" but then I'm older and it should work that way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Today, I reached a low point in my Caymanlessness. I know I’ve been brave helping other Fellows-in-Waiting with my advice in other threads (http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-chat/36639-new-boxster-2-9-pdk-ordered.html), but it was all a ruse, a fake! I’m not a strong-willed person; I’m a weak person. Maybe my username should be Weakbear. That would be more appropriate. I’ve read every magazine and website article that I could find at least 17 times. I’ve grown tired of looking at them and wondering what Caymanfullness could be like. Has anyone noticed how slowly the workday ticks by when you’re not focused on work? In fact, several times a day I think to myself, “Is it still today?” Long ago (it seems) I took a test drive of something at the dealer place, but I barely remember what it was. Can someone out there remind me? I’m not even certain I’m going to like whatever it was I ordered. And, I still have 1 ½ months to find out. Hopefully, you stronger-willed people can offer up some soothing words of advice or sympathy for this poor soul. If you do, I promise to repay you in kindness manyfold once I’ve reached the other side. (If I ever reach it…) Thank you and god bless.

- Redbear out -
Buy an XBox 360 with "Forza" or "Need for Speed" and hone your driving skills while you wait for your Cayman...:burnout:

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
Hang in there. It will be here soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts