Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 Cayman S (purchased through PP, but comes with a CPO warranty). I'm trying to figure out which services I need to have performed and when they need to be done. The car only has 20,300 miles on the odometer and the services performed are the following (most recent first):

PPI Performed by Independent Porsche Shop (Feb 2015) - All the checks and visual inspections were performed that I see in the 20K Minor Service. The engine air filter and cabin filter were checked and were clean, so they were not replaced.

Oil and Filter changed

CPO Service Performed by Porsche Dealer (Dec 2013) - 16,000 miles. Porsche performed all requisite service based on mileage and timing before giving the car the CPO status. In addition to all the visual inspections, the brake fluid was changed, oil and filter was done, tires replaced, etc.

All previous maintenance performed according to recommended maintenance schedule.

Based on the schedule above, when should I have the 40K/4-year service performed? I imagine I also need to have the spark plugs changed at the same time. Looking around at pricing on other threads, it seems that the 40K service costs around $1,200 at the dealer, but does that include changing out the spark plugs as well?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I just purchased a 2010 Cayman S (purchased through PP, but comes with a CPO warranty). I'm trying to figure out which services I need to have performed and when they need to be done. The car only has 20,300 miles on the odometer and the services performed are the following (most recent first):

PPI Performed by Independent Porsche Shop (Feb 2015) - All the checks and visual inspections were performed that I see in the 20K Minor Service. The engine air filter and cabin filter were checked and were clean, so they were not replaced.

Oil and Filter changed

CPO Service Performed by Porsche Dealer (Dec 2013) - 16,000 miles. Porsche performed all requisite service based on mileage and timing before giving the car the CPO status. In addition to all the visual inspections, the brake fluid was changed, oil and filter was done, tires replaced, etc.

All previous maintenance performed according to recommended maintenance schedule.

Based on the schedule above, when should I have the 40K/4-year service performed? I imagine I also need to have the spark plugs changed at the same time. Looking around at pricing on other threads, it seems that the 40K service costs around $1,200 at the dealer, but does that include changing out the spark plugs as well?

Thanks in advance!
Congrats on the purchase! Don't forget to share a pic or two. :)

To answer it simply: the 4 year service should have been done already since it's 2015 and your car is a 2010. Seems to me that this is overdue. And remember it is either mileage OR years - whichever comes first. The 4 year is a "major" service; spark plugs are a part of that service. To get a complete view just look in you cars service manual and it should be in there.

When I did my 4 year service I got the job done at a good indy shop and paid the equivalent of ~800 USD. Spark plugs included. I personally don't value "Porsche Center Service" higher than a good reputable independent shop, especially on a car that no longer has any warranty. :cheers:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. Everything looks and runs fantastic with the car, but looks like I'm due for some preventative maintenance. Gotta keep this baby top notch!

·
Registered
666 Posts
You can never be 100% certain on what was done, even when you purchase a car from a Porsche dealership. I would change the oil ,filter, cabin filter and flush the brake fluid, all are DIY, or by any good local shop. As far as the plugs are concerned if your car is running well and it should be, hold off until 40K miles. Good luck with your new car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts