Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm dying to buy an exhaust but seems I missed all the sales.

I can't find a Borla for much less than 1350 or 1400 and the other I noticed was Agency Power for about a grand. I listened to Agency and it sounded nice but they're so new and so much cheaper than Borla it makes me nervous.

I was set on those two simply because I loved their sounds. I want something with a nice throaty sound to it that's a bit louder than stock.

Ebay hasn't had anything in the few weeks I've been looking.

I don't really want to wait around for months for a big sale so what do you think?

Last post on exhausts I promise. Just feel like everyone got some sort of a deal so I want to be patient if that's the consensus.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
If you aren't opposed to buying a used exhaust, and are willing to wait for, say a few months, then I would recommend just keeping an eye on the Classifieds here, since they pop-up on a pretty regular basis (I recently sold mine here). You have to check the ads regularly (daily) though, because they tend to get snapped-up quickly.

If you are looking for a sale or group buy on a new exhaust system, then you will probably just have to wait for a while, until a vendor offers one.

My :2cents:

·
Registered
992 Posts
I see a Speedart and Remus on the classifieds right now. A few hundred dollars is nothing in the long run - sure beats waiting around.

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
sicshift

IMO,Do your self a favor and dont be cheep about this purchase ,The purchase of an aftermarket exhaust is a very important decision and once its on your car it is a huge part of you cars new personality .
I paid 2K for my Remus racing exhaust Installed and would definately do it all over again.I am 100% happy after 3 years.
IMO- between the 2 Go Borla and buy NEW!!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Bought my Borla NIB off a member here who changed his mind. Borla has a million mile warrenty, makes great power, sounds great (what drone?), and has cool looking tips. Have had great luck with Borla in the past on other vehicles.

Find the exhaust you want and have patience or buy new. Don't worry about a C note or two difference in price. Buy quality, cry once, buy cheap, cry twice.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Re: sicshift

IMO,Do your self a favor and dont be cheep about this purchase ,The purchase of an aftermarket exhaust is a very important decision and once its on your car it is a huge part of you cars new personality .
I paid 2K for my Remus racing exhaust Installed and would definately do it all over again.I am 100% happy after 3 years.
:)

And you can get the REMUS for much less these days, drop us a PM and we'll help!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

I can't find a Borla for much less than 1350 or 1400 and the other I noticed was Agency Power for about a grand. I listened to Agency and it sounded nice but they're so new and so much cheaper than Borla it makes me nervous.

I was set on those two simply because I loved their sounds. I want something with a nice throaty sound to it that's a bit louder than stock.

I don't really want to wait around for months for a big sale so what do you think?

Last post on exhausts I promise. Just feel like everyone got some sort of a deal so I want to be patient if that's the consensus.

Thanks for any advice.
I have two in classifieds here. TechArt and Cargraphic. Both ceramic ally coated. Porsche and Capristo both shield theirs where they pass by suspension and tire, I also think its a must.

Tomasz

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
I have two in classifieds here. TechArt and Cargraphic. Both ceramic ally coated. Porsche and Capristo both shield theirs where they pass by suspension and tire, I also think its a must.

Tomasz
Actually this is a really good idea. The guy who installed my Eibachs and performed an alignment last week mentioned to me that the right exhaust pipe of the Borla passes awfully close to the right CV boot. I know it's a tight squeeze in that area but I'm considering wrapping the pipe in that area with some insulating material.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
Re: sicshift

I totally agree with prodgers...although I have done many mods, this was the most important to date...I reviewed every possible system and selected the Borla...purchased/installed all for $1,500...this is very reasonable...I have installed an exhaust system in the past on other types of cars (BMW) and the cost of the Borla in comparison was very reasonable...I had the advantage of going to a meet and there were three different exhaust I heard...SpeedART, Remus and Borla...all of them were great and have their own specific characteristics...don't go by price alone...

·
Registered
12 Posts

I can't find a Borla for much less than 1350 or 1400 and the other I noticed was Agency Power for about a grand. I listened to Agency and it sounded nice but they're so new and so much cheaper than Bola it makes me nervous.

Thanks for any advice.
Hi sicshift
I have a used borla for sale along with a softronic plenum body kit, all you would need is the softronic flash from Scott to complete the package
i want to sell the pair together so let me know if your interested the only draw back could be delivery from the UK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts