Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help throw some light on this?

It started about 3 months ago and still not fixed... dealer doesnt know what it is??!

It started off with a quiet intermittent squeak or screeching sound, the best way to describe it is as ''hearing seagulls in the distance''.

Took it to the dealer, they said they had no idea what it was even though they heard the sound... So 3 months later and I now have the LOUDEST Sqwarking flock of seagulls coming from my car...

The noise is terrible really loud and almost constant. It doesnt really vary too much with speed / cornering or any thing i can notice, it is basically just constant.

HELP!! ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is the noise constant... while in park or does it only happen when moving? The cardan shafts have a history of doing this. So anytime you moving it will squeak.

Please feel free to call or IM me about the issue. I have a few people around here we can bounce questions off of in hopes of getting the answer. :gossip:

Thanks
Aaron
1-877-923-1700
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Aaron, thanks for your message. It only happens when moving. Cant hear anything when stationary. Speed does affect the repetition of the screech but only very very slightly - ie it will speed up very very slightly if the car speeds up. There is no change when cornering, freewheeling going up or down hill etc... Dont think its coming from under the bonnet, but cant be sure as it wont do it on a ramp in a workshop for the mechanic, so I would have to be running along side the car to really know for sure!

If you could bounce it around your contacts for any ideas that would be great. I want to put a list together of maybe's so that when i go back to the mechanic i can get them to look at specific areas.

Thanks again H

·
Registered
91 Posts
We think it is the cardan shaft or as most of us call them drive shafts. This is a common problem we see here.

Here is a Picture out of the parts catalog

I would have them check this out... Its a good place to start.

The other thing maybe the a differential

Aaron
1-877-923-1700
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Although this is obviously good and professional guidance, are you sure there is no correlation between the screech and the presence of a wife/girlfriend? These tend to vary in shape and color, so I can't provide a parts catalog diagram.... ;)

PS I wonder what my wife would think of being described as a flock of seagulls.

PPS In all seriousness, good luck with getting it fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts