Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while replacing the taillights in my 2014 981 Cayman, I discovered a fuse box behind the carpeting on the passenger side of the rear trunk. What has my curiosity going is that according the the owners manual there are only 2 fuse boxes, one in the drivers footwell and one in the passengers footwell. So what are the fuses in the rear for, and why did Porsche "forget" to mention them in the owners manual?

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Today while replacing the taillights in my 2014 981 Cayman, I discovered a fuse box behind the carpeting on the passenger side of the rear trunk. What has my curiosity going is that according the the owners manual there are only 2 fuse boxes, one in the drivers footwell and one in the passengers footwell. So what are the fuses in the rear for, and why did Porsche "forget" to mention them in the owners manual?
You mean this one? ;)

Good question... hopefully someone can provide a schematic of the distribution.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/591052-pulling-rear-wing-fuse.html

A few photos here too: https://www.google.com/search?q=201...sAQIJw&biw=1280&bih=592#imgrc=Fy38FGQlypdEiM:

2014 Porsche Cayman 981 Relay/Fuse Box Carrier Rear 98161285001 | eBay

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Thats a 2010 post which is not applicable to a 981 model which didn't come out for 3-4 years later, and is also talking about a 996, 911 car. The rear wing fuse for a 981 is in the drivers front footwell fuse box and has nothing to do with any fans

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I looked at the wiring diagram for my '14 Base. Here is a list of what I found for those fuses. Some of the stuff I don't know what their function is so I will just list what it said on the diagram.

Coolant Shutoff Valves, Coolant Bypass valve, Left/Right Radiator Fan Relay Coils, Stop Light Switch on Brake Pedal, DME Control Unit, DME Relay Coil, Sound Symposer Valve on Exhaust, 6 Bar Ignition Modules, Engine Flow Control Valve, Engine Flush Fan Relay.

Reactions: JBrown and gearFX
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.