Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for this but didnt find any conclusive answers or how to fix it. My rear hatch warning light goes on when i hit a bump. Its pretty random so when it happens i hit another bump and the light goes off. This is annoying especially at night. Has anyone had this problem on a 987. I have an 06 CS. Thanks

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It's those NJ potholes. Even German engineering is no match for them!

I tried searching for this but didnt find any conclusive answers or how to fix it. My rear hatch warning light goes on when i hit a bump. Its pretty random so when it happens i hit another bump and the light goes off. This is annoying especially at night. Has anyone had this problem on a 987. I have an 06 CS. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, lucky I havent bent a wheel yet. Im lowered and have 19's Lol.

Anyway Ive seen someone mention before about a glass adjustment to fix this. I have no idea how to do it. Common someone must of had this problem

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It seems that whatever switch there is that tells the car the hatch is closed is loose or out of alignment. I think the switch is in the same hole as the latch mechanism. You'll need to remove that plastic panel between the two taillights to get to it.

Another possibility is that the hatch itself is not closing "tightly" enough, so that it moves so far when you hit a bump the switch gets triggered.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Does it just give a warning only or does it physically open?
perhaps you can try the rubber support adjustment for the "trunk clunk"?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it just give a warning only or does it physically open?
perhaps you can try the rubber support adjustment for the "trunk clunk"?
well I looked at it a little closer today. I think the switch is working properly because when the warning light is on and I push down on the trunk it goes away. I think its an alignment problem. When I run my fingers down the rear fender/hatch, the panel gap on the driver side is a lot wider than the passenger side. The next step is looking into how to adjust the bump stop on the driver side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts