Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on, none of our expert owners know how to remove the rear speaker grills? I was thinking of replacing the the rears with '4' Scan-Speak drivers from Denmark. I need to make sure they fit first! This will add tighter bass notes coming from the rear. Ken

·
Administrator
34,485 Posts
The article in the Articles section on changing the suspension shows how to remove these pieces (it isn't easy!) because they have to be removed to get to the top of the strut tower. At some point I'm going to do an article on the removal of those rear interior pieces, I just haven't had time as of yet to do so.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ken,

You may already know this, but it is not unusual for Bose to use odd impedance speakers (2 ohms, for example). so your options for replacements may be limited. I have no personal knowledge what they have on the Cayman, but it would be worth checking into before investing in replacements.

hope that helps - Dave

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
There is some informaton about the Bose system in the files download section here.

<p align="left">10 high-performance speakers

<p align="left">One 7-cm mid-range speaker
<p align="left">(centrefill) in the instrument panel.
<p align="left">Two 2.5-cm neodymium tweeters
<p align="left">in the instrument panel.
<p align="left">Two 8-cm neodymium mid-range
<p align="left">speakers in the doors.
<p align="left">Two 20-cm Nd
<p align="left">Two 8-cm mid-range speakers in the
<p align="left">rear side panels.
<p align="left">One 10.2 x15.3-cm woofer in a 5.8-litre
<p align="left">custom-engineered bass enclosure with
<p align="left">a two-state modulation amplifier in the
<p align="left">centre console on the passenger side.
® woofers in the doors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dave, Their's a 12m/ 4631G00 midrange made by Scan-Speak which is 4 ohm which might be a good fit. Its a little bigger than '4' and the depth could also be a problem(it weighs 5lb). Most car speakers are 4 ohm but that's not always the case. Does Bose post their system information on the internet? Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts