Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a just-just delivered Cayman S with Comfort Access. Has anyone discovered a trick to reliably have the rear trunk open when placing your hand underneath the spoiler? I end up waving my hand there a couple of times before it opens. I have tried to notice if there is a specific spot to hold your hand or gesture that will reliably work and have not found anything. So I end up making several attempts before it opens. Almost faster to fish the key out of my pocket and use it to pop the trunk. Thoughts?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Don't get impatient-- it takes about 2 full seconds (which actually feels like an eternity when people are watching you hold your hand there).

I've found that waving doesn't work that well. The best way to to put your hand .5 - 3 inches away of the top center of the bumper (just under the spoiler) and wait it to unlatch. Practice makes perfect-- it took me a while to get it right every time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't get impatient-- it takes about 2 full seconds (which actually feels like an eternity when people are watching you hold your hand there).

I've found that waving doesn't work that well. The best way to to put your hand .5 - 3 inches away of the top center of the bumper (just under the spoiler) and wait it to unlatch. Practice makes perfect-- it took me a while to get it right every time.
I've found that the online manual is useful and can be found Porsche iManuals. I also had some learning curve for this Entry & Drive lid opening feature. See below for some additional info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 718 Boxster S recognized the key sporadically with the Comfort Access. Even when (un)locking the doors, half the time the car wouldn't respond. I took the car in to get looked at and the dealership recalibrated the keys. Now the Comfort Access works perfectly with the locks and opening both the frank and the trunk. Before I was frustrated with the "hold the hand" to open up the lids. Now the process is seamless and easy.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
999 Posts
My 718 Boxster S recognized the key sporadically with the Comfort Access. Even when (un)locking the doors, half the time the car wouldn't respond. I took the car in to get looked at and the dealership recalibrated the keys. Now the Comfort Access works perfectly with the locks and opening both the frank and the trunk. Before I was frustrated with the "hold the hand" to open up the lids. Now the process is seamless and easy.
I was actually told - place the hand over the rear model nameplate. What I didn't realize (until it occurred when hand washing the car) is putting your hand over the nose of the car pops the frunk lid (still need to release the catch).

This entry-and-drive stuff is still not something I would actually order on a new Porsche, but having lived with it on the car I bought off the lot with the premium plus package, I've gotten used to it and it works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.