Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been hunting all day for a rear view camera for my 2008 Cayman. I am going to install the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX and figure I might as well add the camera. I would really like to have one that replaces one of the license plate lights and has the camera and light in one. Like this one.

Porsche Cayenne Original Rearview Camera+Night Vision+ Waterproof+ High Definition+170 ° Wide Angle Lens Ref#MAC003 [ELRC0418F] - US$21.00 : ELER INTERNATIONAL CO., LIMITED

But I cannot find one that says it fits the Cayman, except on eBay and it costs $150. And this one does not really look like it fits based the width of the screw holes.

Car Rear View Camera for Porsche Cayman | eBay

Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Porsceh Light.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Thom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just heard from the eBay item and it is for 2010 and up. There are lost of these items for VWs and others. This 2008 Cayman light has to be the same as some of those.

Tempted to go with this flush mount where I would drill a hole between the license plate lights. My concern with most of these flush mounts is that the Cayman is so low, most cameras will point at the ground. This one you can adjust the angle.

CCD Sensor Car Auto Back Up Parking Reverse Backup Rearview Universal Camera Be | eBay

But, would still prefer one that integrates with one of the lights. Anyone?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts