Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share a fix I discovered with some help from my local dealer. The rear view mirror fell off my 2008 Cayman S, I had bought it used from one owner in CA and shipped it to TN. 3 months later the mirror falls off and I am told the only fix is to get a new windshield. The dealer passed my onto his windshield repair contractor and he glued it back on using a urethane product and had to also use a primer on the glass. There is a plastic wring that he cut off and used the urethane to fill in the gap created, as there is a small metal lip that remains. Be sure to keep track of how you remove the mounting bracket and what position it is in. I kept the mirror off for 3-4 days while it dried and set up, then used a q-tip to line the groves with WD-40 to make sure the mirror slid on cleanly and without much force. Note the center section is the rain sensor so do not try to pull that off (it’s a gel type substance). Good Luck and post if you have questions. I don’t check in very often and this is my first post ever so not sure if I will get an email trigger or not. If you live in Knoxville area the guy that did the work owns G&G auto glass or call your dealer they probaby outsource it and they can call him.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts