Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found one that's not $1000+ for the cayman base/s bumper that is not carbon for track and street use. It would be painful to scrape a CF front splitter.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Joe Toth has something. I'm local to him and trying to work with him to get a 3 or 2 piece splitter for cheaper shipping!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe Toth has something. I'm local to him and trying to work with him to get a 3 or 2 piece splitter for cheaper shipping!

He's does good work. I follow him on IG, last time I hit him up he said he needed to scan a bumper...you might want to hit him up if you are local. We are all counting on you! haha

·
Registered
136 Posts
He said he's been swamped since CoVID started. He's taken a look at my bumper already and I'm sure once he's more free he'll measure it up again!

·
Premium Member
34,239 Posts
These guys appear to sell a reasonably priced one. Cannot comment on it though as I've not seen it myself.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These guys appear to sell a reasonably priced one. Cannot comment on it though as I've not seen it myself.

They have one for the Boxter for $169... can rip one off on driveway and wouldn't think twice about it. I don't think they got one for the cayman. I'm not sure about the fitment but I'm sure some dremel work does wonder. At this point for a $1700 lip, you can get a full GT4 front and call it a day. Will probably cost the same to paint it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It looks like this website is selling the same piece for much more but indicates that it will fit a Cayman with some slight modification.

·
Registered
2014 Boxster S
6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yall some impatient peoples. it arrived today

Fitment is perfect. You do have to screw in some screws underneath, but nothing too invasive. Suck it up buttercup.

IMG_9085 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9084 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9083 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9082 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9080 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9079 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9078 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
Damn it. Haha I thought you had a Cayman. Oh well. Yeah I'll bite the bullet and get.one to install on my Cayman.

Looks really good by the way!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Please let us know what "modifications" are needed for the Cayman. I know the radiator vents and driving lights are slightly different in the Cayman vs the Boxster, but always assumed the rest of the front clip was the same on both cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like this website is selling the same piece for much more but indicates that it will fit a Cayman with some slight modification.

Interesting...I

Fitment is perfect. You do have to screw in some screws underneath, but nothing too invasive. Suck it up buttercup.
That ain't bad at all for $169. Thanks for jumping in head first for us...now we wait for the cayman fitment!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Huh what do you know..this might just work. It pretty much covers the 2 overhangs on the front and overlaps the radiator area. Keep us in the loop. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
34,239 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

IMG_9085 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9084 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9083 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9082 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9080 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9079 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
IMG_9078 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
I have the same one on my black Boxster S - for over a year. Just a tip, I went through my first one In a month, lost it on track at 230kph.... the second one was mounted with bolts and stainless washers and it’s held well through many track sessions and many scrapes Throw the original mounting screws away. They’re tough.

Reactions: XYR03

·
Premium Member
34,239 Posts
I have the same one on my black Boxster S - for over a year. Just a tip, I went through my first one In a month, lost it on track at 230kph.... the second one was mounted with bolts and stainless washers and it’s held well through many track sessions and many scrapes Throw the original mounting screws away. They’re tough.
I had called the place as I was wondering about track usage. The person who answered basically said you would have to replace the screws with bolts. Does it help though? I would think the polyurethane would not help maybe even hinder a bit. I do like the look though. Thanks in advance.

They also sell the side scoops but I have no idea about the mounting on those either.

·
Registered
2014 Boxster S
6 Posts
I had called the place as I was wondering about track usage. The person who answered basically said you would have to replace the screws with bolts. Does it help though? I would think the polyurethane would not help maybe even hinder a bit. I do like the look though. Thanks in advance.

They also sell the side scoops but I have no idea about the mounting on those either.
same. i want the side, but no clue how to mount

·
Registered
948 Posts
Nice looking lip there Freedom!

I wanted to give the group a heads on another low low cost option. There is a remarkably smart and flexible product call ALL FIT LIP KIT. I have no relation to the company other than being a user. It is this flexible splitter material that uses both adhesive and screws and it works great. I found this product is being used by several race teams who swear by it. It is durable and flexible, and the best thing is it ELIMINATES any curb worries. You can even bend it on a parking stop and no worries, it bounces right back. And, it is as good looking as you care to carefully make it. My buddy wrapped his all the way to the wheel well. For my car, I replaced the little black plastic trim piece that was all scrapped up, and made the ALL FIT similar to the OEM. Now, I don't scrape, and it looks the part. It is slightly more air damn than the OEM plastic trim so I cut mine to insure the brake duct cooling would still get lots of air. It cost about $50, and they include the adhesive tape and screws.

Reactions: XYR03
1 - 20 of 28 Posts