Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice looking lip there Freedom!

I wanted to give the group a heads on another low low cost option. There is a remarkably smart and flexible product call ALL FIT LIP KIT. I have no relation to the company other than being a user. It is this flexible splitter material that uses both adhesive and screws and it works great. I found this product is being used by several race teams who swear by it. It is durable and flexible, and the best thing is it ELIMINATES any curb worries. You can even bend it on a parking stop and no worries, it bounces right back. And, it is as good looking as you care to carefully make it. My buddy wrapped his all the way to the wheel well. For my car, I replaced the little black plastic trim piece that was all scrapped up, and made the ALL FIT similar to the OEM. Now, I don't scrape, and it looks the part. It is slightly more air damn than the OEM plastic trim so I cut mine to insure the brake duct cooling would still get lots of air. It cost about $50, and they include the adhesive tape and screws.
Thank you for sharing. That is not terribly bad at all. This material would be great if you are trying to fit a flat universal splitter and trying to fill that gap between the bumper and the splitter.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Thank you for sharing. That is not terribly bad at all. This material would be great if you are trying to fit a flat universal splitter and trying to fill that gap between the bumper and the splitter.
That too. But my favorite application is to fill the gap between the splitter on the ground like a race car - a true air damn that can go over track curbs and the like.

Here is another idea I've had...

Why can't Porsche design a splitter that is spring loaded and hinged - when going slow it would be in the up position - such as pulling into a driveway, coming up to a parking stop, etc. Yet a highways speeds plus, it would deploy with air force into the down position providing all the necessary front downforce. This would be easy to do crudely, but the 3,000 Porsche design engineers in Weisach who could make it elegant and solve one of the biggest problems of owning a "sports car".

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had called the place as I was wondering about track usage. The person who answered basically said you would have to replace the screws with bolts. Does it help though? I would think the polyurethane would not help maybe even hinder a bit. I do like the look though. Thanks in advance.

They also sell the side scoops but I have no idea about the mounting on those either.
So, what is the point of this? "Looks?" Downforce? Any stats?

·
Premium Member
34,239 Posts
Personally I think they look pretty good on his red boxster but as mine is black it would just get lost in the sea of black. I was hoping against hope that they might have some benefit outside of looks.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts