Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Boxster S
29 Posts
Porsche USA confirmed that my 13 BS is part of this recall, but the closest Porsche dealer is 90 miles away. Does anyone know how long this repair takes assuming, of course, that one makes an appointment and parts are available?

·
Registered
2015 Cayman S PDK
59 Posts
My car is on the list as well. Hope they can do a decent wheel alignment. My car has been lowered and corner balanced.
06/14 Build.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just called the dealer in Santa Clara, CA to setup an appointment. They said the parts are still 2 months out. So I'm scheduled for late November.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ran my VIN in the recall, and it says that I'm affected. Hopefully the RSS toe links, Ohlins, etc aren't an issue with my dealer. I haven't seen anything about modified cars being covered. I'll have to contact my local dealership in the next few weeks when I basically put the car away for the winter anyway. Thanks for this thread!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, I got a notice from Gas Buddy notifications as well of all places. However, you can go to the Porsche recall site and put in your number. As was already said - letters and parts won't be available until Nov. One side comment - if you read it closely, you will notice it does not say Cayman S (which is mine) just regular Cayman and Boxster. So at this point it is debatable, but it could be only certain runs of VINs are affected. At this point, on the Porsche recall site, my VIN comes up with no active campaigns. That may or may not mean anything either because it is early! So I will just wait until November..... yep no tracking, but I am doing Parade Laps at VIR in a couple weeks. I am not going to worry about it though since it has only had 2 track days on it since 2015 and I did them rather gingerly compared to most others, as it was my first 2 times.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ran my VIN in the recall, and it says that I'm affected. Hopefully the RSS toe links, Ohlins, etc aren't an issue with my dealer. I haven't seen anything about modified cars being covered. I'll have to contact my local dealership in the next few weeks when I basically put the car away for the winter anyway. Thanks for this thread!
Interesting - your comment that says makes me feel better that mine came up empty. But do not know if yours is an "S" Boxster or Cayman. If not - might be the key the way it was worded

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
My 2013 Boxster S shows up as recalled. Sigh

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
My car didn't show up initially on the Porsche recall lookup, but it's showing up now.
Same with ours. Called our service advisor and he doesn't have any info on it yet. Seems like my call was the first he had heard of it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The nhtsa.gov shows 0 unrepaired recalls for my '14 CS. But I'll keep a lookout for November letters and have subbed to this thread.

·
Registered
2013 Boxster S
29 Posts
Interesting that the response on this subject from Porsche dealers varies. My closest dealer, Beachwood Porsche, in Cleveland was aware of the recall and even made an appointment for my BS for late next month. SA said it would take at least a month for parts to arrive from Germany, so there is no reason to book the work any sooner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Porsche USA confirmed that my 13 BS is part of this recall, but the closest Porsche dealer is 90 miles away. Does anyone know how long this repair takes assuming, of course, that one makes an appointment and parts are available?
My dealer says they need the car for 2 days

41 - 60 of 90 Posts