Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I ran my 14 base cayman on Porsche’s site and no recalls come up, at all. I may call a dealer nearby and check to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ran my 14 base cayman on Porsche’s site and no recalls come up, at all. I may call a dealer nearby and check to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also ran my 2014 base cayman and no recalls come up, even though it falls within the specified manufacture dates. Either the Porsche database is still wrong or it only affects certain trim levels or certain suspension options?

·
Registered
98 Posts
My 2014 Cayman S is also not (yet?) listed on either the Porsche site or NHTSA.

FWIW, I have the base suspension package.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Interesting - my 2015 Cayman GTS isn't showing up in VIN search yet. No difference in this part in GTS vs. others. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2014 Base Cayman with an April 2014 production date shows up on the Porsche site as being subject to recall.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My 2014 Base Cayman with an April 2014 production date shows up on the Porsche site as being subject to recall.
Did it just recently appear, or showed the first time you checked? My 2014 CS with a build date a month before yours still doesn't show.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, the recall did say "Affected vehicles have been identified through production records." and "on certain component production dates" so it may just be that if a VIN doesn't come up now, it wasn't affected.

·
Premium Member
2013 Boxster S
47 Posts
2013 Boxster S, just checked. Shows up on the recall list.
No time line on when it will be replaced though.

·
Registered
2013 Boxster S
29 Posts
Had an appointment with Beachwood Porsche (Cleveland, OH) for recall service next week, but was told by SA that parts are not available until January 2022. Since I store my vehicle for winter, they have rescheduled service for April 2022. Seems like a long time into the future to me, but I guess it's all part of a very slow global supply chain.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Had an appointment with Beachwood Porsche (Cleveland, OH) for recall service next week, but was told by SA that parts are not available until January 2022. Since I store my vehicle for winter, they have rescheduled service for April 2022. Seems like a long time into the future to me, but I guess it's all part of a very slow global supply chain.
I got the same message from them.

Regarding the delay--I looked up the name of the company on the part--Brabant Alucast Services Deutschland Gmb--and they were sold to Shiloh Ind. in the US in 2018. The plant equipment was auctioned off in 2019 :
Online Auction - Brabant Alucast Germany GmbH

Then, Shiloh went Chpt 11 in 2020 and was acquired by a private equity company called Middle Ground Capitol in last fall.
I don't know who might be making these parts now, the supplier change may be a partial result of the delay in getting these parts to the dealers , given the number of cars affected.

Reactions: TEF

·
Registered
2013 Boxster S
29 Posts
After thinking about the demise in 2918 of Barbant Alucast Deutschland Gmb is seems that Porsche would have found alternative suppliers since the 718 model must have similar, if not identical, castings supporting its rear suspension. Even if this recall had not occurred, Porsche would have continued making these castings (obviously in smaller quantities) as spares for the existing 981 base.

·
Registered
606 Posts
After thinking about the demise in 2918 of Barbant Alucast Deutschland Gmb is seems that Porsche would have found alternative suppliers since the 718 model must have similar, if not identical, castings supporting its rear suspension. Even if this recall had not occurred, Porsche would have continued making these castings (obviously in smaller quantities) as spares for the existing 981 base.
Or the delay is due to needing a new "batch" contracted with a new source/supplier?

It would be reasonable to find out that a manufacturer would eventually cease to produce a part continuously, but rather would estimate future demand, and then inventory that quantity. And if future demand ends up being more than anticipated, it would require a new batch to be ordered.

I suspect that there might actually be a small quantity of them in the pipeline. But considering what the part is, there wouldn't need to be but very few. This sudden discovery of needing perhaps 10x's or more than normal is out of the ordinary.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been checking my VIN against the NHTSA and Porsche recall sites weekly since this came up. My 2014 Boxster S still doesn't show any current recalls.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ran my VIN on the Porsche recall site today and nothing came up including the Tank Leak Diagnostic Module for which I received a letter from PCNA. I called Porsche back in September and they had no knowledge of the AMB7 recall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received my AMB7 recall notification by mail a few days ago. My '14 CB went in to the dealer today for its end of season service before storage. They ordered parts and said I would get a second letter when they were available - as to when that would be, the SA wouldn't venture a guess. They did perform the Tank Leak Diagnostic Module recall as part of my service.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I received my /// recall notification by mail a few days ago. ///the dealer/// They ordered parts and said I would get a second letter when they were available
Similar experience for me, got a letter on my early '15 base Boxster, dated 11/02/21.

Not looking forward to driving a loaner Macan for two days :( , but I'll survive.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts