Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Got the letter from Porsche dated 11/2. Granted, basically it's a notice that says "wait for the next letter" but I called our SA and he still doesn't have any information.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Called my dealer today. He says no open recalls for mine. I did notice it covers 3 years and only like 4900 cars. So it’s obviously not everyone’s car affected. 3 years production would be probably close to 10-12000 cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ELCID86

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received a letter for my 2013 Boxster Base, and I'm affected.
Called the dealer in Oakville, Ontario, and I'm booked for an appointment in about a month. (courtesy car will be given to me).
It's probably a big job, and it may fix a thump sound I get sometimes from the rear suspension, that no one was ever able to diagnose.
So hopefully it's a win-win for me.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Got my AMB7 letter today for 2013 Boxster S! Anyone know how long it takes to do the replacement?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I was told 2 days. More importantly, the question of when your dealer might see the parts would be a good question to ask them. Here in the states, my dealer says springtime...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got my recall notice from Porsche GB in September for my 2014 base Boxster . But the parts would not be available until November , but to book the car into my “preferred” dealer in the meantime . Dealer was in touch a week ago , and booked the car in to be repaired 31.01.22 stating they were only doing two vehicles a week due to parts restrictions . It would take at least a day to repair . So will see how it goes …..

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Two repairs /week....depending on how many affected 981s are in the UK and the number of dealers, getting all of the affected cars fixed could take a considerable period.
This was my real concern when the recall was issued--lots of cars and a part that might not have much existing inventory in the system.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Got the second letter indicating that I should contact the dealer to schedule. They scheduled an inspection the first week of February and the actual service for mid March. Parts will be ordered after the inspection according to my SA.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Just got the same reply. I'll probably defer the inspection until at least March since I've got the car tucked away in the garage and up on casters.
Sounds like they do an inspection and then order parts? That sounds different than replacing them on all of the cars.
I'd be curious to know how a visual(?) inspection might determine if the part qualifies to be replaced?Cracks are obvious but if the material is suspect, problems might not be visible.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
One more thing, my SA advises me there will be one visit to fix this issue lasting 2 days. No inspection before the repair visit since all the cars will have this assembly replaced. It makes sense--I'm not sure the techs at the dealer are equipped to determine if a assembly was solid from a metallurgical standpoint-- if there were no visual flaws.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts