Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car in to check on some rattles coming from the engine and the dealer told me they'll need my car back for a recall (they do not have parts right now).

E CAMPAIGN W615 - REPLACE REAR HATCH BUFFERS

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Well, my hatch doesn't rattle. The last time that I took a vehicle in for a recall when I hadn't experienced the problem that the recall was intended to fix, the problem turned into a nightmare!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had my CS in last week for AC work and they also installed 2 new rubber bumper thingis at the rear hatch. Same campaign?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think it is the same--when I had my battery replaced, they kept the car an extra day to get the hatch bumper plugs. it was intended to respond to some customer complaints early on that the rear hatch rattled..i believe it was first, or nearly first, reported here. BTW, I never had a problem with mine, but they are replacing them all (at least on certain serial numbers) as they come in for other work or oil changes, etc

·
1,059 Posts
I had the W615 recall done about a month ago, the rattling is still there when you go over bumps? I will have them check again when i take it in for Oil change at 3000 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I was at my dealer (Texas) today and specifically asked for the 'rear hatch buffers' recall. They told me they checked on the computer and nothing came up. So is there a recall or not? My rear hatch rattles when going over a bump. It doesn't bother me that much, but if there's a fix I'd like to get it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Would it be safe for me to expect (I try not to 'assume' - especially concerning Porshe AG) that cars built after the recall notice (if there really is one) will incorporate the correction?

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
One item to check is that little black curtain thing that hangs down from the hatch lid and has two metal spring bars in it. I've found that over time it tends to sag down a little and start touching the aluminum strip in the back when I go over bumps. I re-bent the spring arms a little and now it doesn't touch. The touching sounded just like a rattle from the hatch but it really wasn't. Check that item sometime!

·
PCA Member & Club Donor
700 Posts
One item to check is that little black curtain thing that hangs down from the hatch lid and has two metal spring bars in it. I've found that over time it tends to sag down a little and start touching the aluminum strip in the back when I go over bumps. I re-bent the spring arms a little and now it doesn't touch. The touching sounded just like a rattle from the hatch but it really wasn't. Check that item sometime!
Part of this rattle K-man is talking about is where the divider touches the back of the engine compartment. If you put a small. rubber "bumper" under the two places where it touches, it will resolve some of the trunk "rattle" ...mind you this is RATTLE and not the "clunk". I personally ran into the "rattle" after my audio install. This rubbing will also leave marks on the aluminum strip.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had that very problem when I first got the car, it was actually rubbing against the aluminum trim at the back and leaving a mark, so i removed it, it sits on a shelf in my garage

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have something similiar. I think. My car makes a rattling noise every once in awile, but it really depends on the serface of the road. Is it the same thing? And if so how long does the service take?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had that very problem when I first got the car, it was actually rubbing against the aluminum trim at the back and leaving a mark, so i removed it, it sits on a shelf in my garage

1 - 20 of 26 Posts